• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Bring 'em back alive thread

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I was just reading the All these 'Similar Threads'... thread and I'd only had the same thought recent when going through an old thread. So many familiar names from a few years ago.

I reckon there's a good chance we could get some of them back. Why? Well, this place is different to others. I've drifted away from some other golf discussion forums because they've gone downhill with some of the stupid behaviour. This place is different. We're all generally stupid :) but no one means any harm. The forum has the same good culture and if anything its a bit better with the injection of new blood.

Which brings me to my point. I reckon we should develop a list in this thread of all of the well known inactive members and each of us volunteers to message one of them with a "we want you back" message.

Heck, we could even develop a precedent message that we could cut and paste. We could even challenge the person to post in this thread with an update about what he/she's been up to.

Any support on this one?

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Okay. Let's volunteer to contact someone. I volunteer to contact Manavs.

Who are some of the others?

Ezra
Charnockpro
Pa Jayhawk
Eracer
eff4i
zaphod
DaveE
Doc

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've just messaged Manavs. Hope he takes up my invitation.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm pretty sure @Dogfish Head can send a mass mailing to anyone with over X amount of posts and hasn't had forum activity in Y amount of time.

But if not, I've emailed and PM'd @Eracer a couple times...I think he's moved on to another hobby. At least that's what he told me a while back.

🔥 Latest posts