• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The British Royal Family - actually Germans

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I used to travel quite a bit by airplane and as a result usually buy some sort of mystery/thriller in paperback before departing to pass the time.

About ten years ago, I took a different route and bought the book, The Royals by Kitty Kelley - who also wrote a biography of Frank Sinatra which is facinating.

Well, The Royals was one of the most interesting books I have ever read. It explains the history of the British Royal Family going back centuries.

Among the most facinating things about the BRF is that they are of German ancestory - not mostly British. The Queen's husband, Phillip is actually Greek and his family is from the house of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg of Northern Germany. When he married the Queen in the early 50's, his sisters couldn't attend the wedding because they were all married to German princes - some of whom served in the Nazi SS during WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Philip%2C_Duke_of_Edinburgh

Phillips real name is Battenburg and he just magically changed it to Mountbatten to make it sound more British..

And of course the House of Windsor is not really the House of Windsor...its actually the house of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. As WWI approached, the British (German) Royal family got a little restless as it became clear that the UK was going to declare war on Germany...so they decided one day to change their last name to sound British. So one day they were Germans and automagically the next day they had an English name. Wow! "We're not really Germans after all, we're English just like our subjects!! See - we just changed our name to be just like you". And everyone in the land was relieved and happy about this..."glad you're not really Germans but are really English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish like the rest of us here on our jolly isles" Whew!!!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Windsor

This has always facinated me - how the BRF has bloodlines that go back to a country that has been a mortal enemy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland....

BTW - Diana Spencer has deeper English bloodlines than the Queen and Prince...The Spencers go back 1000 years in England...

Kind of ironic.

What do you UK subjects think about this?

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Being English when I get told that our Royal family is made up of Germans I pretend not to listen. Plus the Germans aren't our mortal enemies anymore thats what the French are for.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
The most fascinating thing about it to me is that in the 21st century people are still considered royal because who their parents are. I guess it'd be a hell of gig if you could get it though.

Also for the UK guys, do you really think of them as royal or do you see the whole thing as outdated?

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
DaveE said:
Also for the UK guys, do you really think of them as royal or do you see the whole thing as outdated?

Most of the people I've talked to about it don't really care about them so much just aslong as they keep the tourists coming.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
SiberianDVM said:
They're more inbred than Appalachian rednecks.

Speaking of breeding...the book explains that the presence of homosexuality in the BRF is substantially higher than the population as a whole. Here's why.

The dominant responsibility of a male heir to the throne is to procreate and until he produces one or more male heirs. This is their raison d' etre.

When over the years, a gay male was discovered in the bloodline...they put the young man at ease and explained that he had to do his royal duty by getting married and procreating until one or more males were born. They would explain that this would all be arranged for him and he could keep his boyfriends on the side.

As a result, rather than homosexualty being 'bred out' which is usually naturally done because homosexual men do not produce offspring - it was 'bred in' because they were forced to marry and have children.

Thus the BRF's longheld traditions of cross-dressing and other queenish behaviour...(this is all in the book - I don't know if its true or not).

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
There are a million variations of this:

A farmer goes out one day and buys a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The rooster struts over to the old rooster and says, "OK, old fart, time to retire."

The old rooster replies, "Come on, you can't handle ALL these chickens. Look what it's done to me. Can't you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?"

The young rooster says, "Beat it! You're washed up and I'm taking over."

The old rooster says "I'll tell you what, young stud, I'll race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop."

The young rooster laughs, "You know you don't stand a chance old man, so just to be fair, I'll give you a head start."

The old rooster takes off running. About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off after him. They round the front of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap. He's already about 5 inches behind the old rooster and gaining fast.

The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting on the front porch when he sees the roosters running by, one right behind the other. He grabs his shotgun and BOOM! -- he blows the young rooster to bits.

The farmer sadly shakes his head, "Damn...third gay rooster I've bought this month."

Brocks

Aug 1, 2006
Adam Pettman said:
Most of the people I've talked to about it don't really care about them so much just aslong as they keep the tourists coming.

That about sums it up for me...Tourists love em.

As for inbreeding etc Couldn't give a brass monkey, The BRF as you quainty called them do their thing I do mine. I have met fanatics who cry whenever they seen someone on tv....I don't recommend breeding from this stock!

PS: my Brother was cook to the queen a few times when she stayed at the Airbase he was stationed at...She lived to tell the tale!

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Ahhh ... it's only in the ha'penny place compared to the revelations of David Icke, one time pro footballer, sports presenter .. then he goes slightly askew .. becomes the son of God.... leaves that gig and becomes a conspiracy writer.

My best remembered conspiracy from him alleges that the Royal Family together with nearly every renowned world figure in banking, government - Rothschild, Rockefellers etc are actually shape-shifting 11 foot lizards. They need some type of blood sacrifice to maintain their human form. Nearly sure that Diana was killed because she witnessed them shape shifting. He maintains that he isn't anti-semtic, rather anti-reptile even tho the power brokers a lot of whom would have a jewish background.

George Dubya doesn't get off the hook either .. hummmm ...maybe he did have a moment of clarity...

The Royal Family ... the BBC sitcom is only slightly funnier than this lot :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
SiberianDVM said:
They're more inbred than Appalachian rednecks. Not that there's anything wrong with being an Appalachian redneck.

One thing I noticed when in Scotland was a large number of people out and about with obvious neurologic deficits. I wondered whether it was a case of insufficient variability in the overall gene pool. Did the very nature of the clan system cause enough inbreeding early in the history of the Scottish people to produce mutations that have led to these neurologic problems?

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Nah Eracer, don't look any further than the obvious - they drink poorly distilled whiskey thru a dirty sock ...

Members online

No members online now.