• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Cut

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That's what I've been missing... I haven't swung a club in a week and went to play 9 this evening. Not just any 9 but the treacherous front 9 at my regular course, Triggs. Apparently my natural ballflight came back after my muscles relaxed for a week... and it was a good thing.

This game is so simple when I just start the ball up the left side and belt it. It always drifts back 4 to 5 yds. and is sitting 265-275 about 2 yds. right of dead center... waiting for the high cut approach to be stuck.

Anyway I shot a 39 with crap putting and made 6 pars. So much for distance loss as well. I hit the #1 cap 445 with a cut drive dead center and a high cut 8iron. Not sure how far I hit a cut 8iron but it's not 190. :laugh:

Anyone see Hunter Mahan's approach on 18 in regulation? I was inspired by that high cut 9iron. I said to myself "I've got that shot and I need to start using it again".

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That's what I've been missing... I haven't swung a club in a week and went to play 9 this evening. Not just any 9 but the treacherous front 9 at my regular course, Triggs. Apparently my natural ballflight came back after my muscles relaxed for a week... and it was a good thing.

This game is so simple when I just start the ball up the left side and belt it. It always drifts back 4 to 5 yds. and is sitting 265-275 about 2 yds. right of dead center... waiting for the high cut approach to be stuck.

Anyway I shot a 39 with crap putting and made 6 pars. So much for distance loss as well. I hit the #1 cap 445 with a cut drive dead center and a high cut 8iron. Not sure how far I hit a cut 8iron but it's not 190. :laugh:

Anyone see Hunter Mahan's approach on 18 in regulation? I was inspired by that high cut 9iron. I said to myself "I've got that shot and I need to start using it again".

Dude - you really are one sick puppy. If I could get my driver to behave like that, I would end my driver hoing days forever...not that my my driver hoing is up to your standards, mind you.

What more do you want? I mean, it's like your married to Claudia Schiffer, you're on your private yacht, and some hot little Guatamalan dishwasher catches your eye and you just have to have her.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
well sometimes, this 3-5yd fade becomes more like 50-100yd fade. it goes straight left like he pulled it but comes back in the fairway, crosses it, and end up in the woods on the right. i should also mention that while this boomerang shot is happening, the ball never goes up more than 10-20 yards in the air. i probably can't shape my shots like him even if i tried.

one of the guys who play golf w/ us once said, "that's one way to get there..." :D

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
well sometimes, this 3-5yd fade becomes more like 50-100yd fade. it goes straight left like he pulled it but comes back in the fairway, crosses it, and end up in the woods on the right.

But it's in better shape than your snap hook.
icon10.gif
Sorry, I couldn't resist my friend. lol.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Hmmmm, we'll see how long this lasts. :p

It's always been there. Just a matter of whether I choose to fight it or embrace it. I think back to last year when I shot the back to back 77's. I had the R7425 with a CompNT 65-X. There was no way I could draw the ball with that insanely stiff tip. I hit all fades with the driver both of those rounds. Driver was automatic, from there it was like playing a bunch of 100-150 par 3's and going for the one par 5 I could reach in two.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
But it's in better shape than your snap hook.
icon10.gif
Sorry, I couldn't resist my friend. lol.

so we shall celebrate when we both put our balls in the middle of the fairway, which is wide enough to land boeing 747. lol

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
so we shall celebrate when we both put our balls in the middle of the fairway, which is wide enough to land boeing 747. lol

Yes wel shall!! With the fattest 8irons anyone has ever seen. :laugh:

BTW did you go out this evening? Lots of Lightening around. I was thinking of you coming up the hill to my house and saw a huge bolt over that way.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
naw.. it was raining too hard.
i'm going down to NC tomorrow morning and coming back on 4th of july.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Like the cut, huh? I have a driver that almost ensures this shot type. I'll sell it to you.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Like the cut, huh? I have a driver that almost ensures this shot type. I'll sell it to you.

That driver did cut everytime for me as well. If I'd been smart enough to just play it I'd probably still be using it.

I know one thing. I have to stop comparing my drives to 2Fast's. He hit's a draw with all his clubs and a long high one with his driver. I need to realize that I don't carry the ball that far and stick to my shotshape. I got discouraged at the range as his 14* 3W was carrying further than my driver. I finally started hitting my inside-inside fade and got more distance and moving 3-5yds. right and dead on my target. I need to play my game.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
That driver did cut everytime for me as well. If I'd been smart enough to just play it I'd probably still be using it.

I know one thing. I have to stop comparing my drives to 2Fast's. He hit's a draw with all his clubs and a long high one with his driver. I need to realize that I don't carry the ball that far and stick to my shotshape. I got discouraged at the range as his 14* 3W was carrying further than my driver. I finally started hitting my inside-inside fade and got more distance and moving 3-5yds. right and dead on my target. I need to play my game.

I'm in the same boat. I played with a friend who is a good college golfer, probably a 1 or 2 cap. I go back to the tips with him on Weds. night, as we were playing the course hosting the county amateur this weekend. He hits a towering five yard draw that just goes forever. Its annoying since I'm usually long man in the group. So of course I start swinging for the fences, and my driving goes to sh!t. Sucks because on the range before the round, I was hitting an awesome five yard fade about 260-265. If I could be satisfied just playing that, sigh.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.