• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Difference 1 Finger Makes

APowell1990

Jan 6, 2006
I played a match yesterday at 2 and didnt play that well and all along I'd been noticing that my grip wasnt totally right. I'm left handed and use the overlap btw. My left pinky wasnt in between the index and middle finger like it's supposed to be. I changed it and played the best I have in a while. I only had time for 11 holes but I was -3 and I had missed 1 fairway and 1 green. I couldnt get the flat stick going though. I reached 2 of the 3 par 5's I played in 2. Anybody else have things THAT small that have changed the way you played. I went from +5 after 15 to -3 after 11

OP
A

APowell1990

Jan 6, 2006
I played a match yesterday at 2 and didnt play that well and all along I'd been noticing that my grip wasnt totally right. I'm left handed and use the overlap btw. My left pinky wasnt in between the index and middle finger like it's supposed to be. I changed it and played the best I have in a while. I only had time for 11 holes but I was -3 and I had missed 1 fairway and 1 green. I couldnt get the flat stick going though. I reached 2 of the 3 par 5's I played in 2. Anybody else have things THAT small that have changed the way you played. I went from +5 after 15 to -3 after 11

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I do know that when I pay attention to getting my grip right before a shot, I tend to start hitting MUCH better shots. I don't know if it's because paying attention to my grip helps direct my focus, or it's just that I'm taking a better grip. Whatever - it's a small thing, and it makes a big difference.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
||.|?

The shocker?

Ohhhhh, my mistake. Sorry, in a silly mood.

Anyway, yeah, grip is huge when it comes to your swing. Good to hear you're getting it sorted out.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I found this great chart to help everyone with their grips...works wonders!!!
shocker_tshirt.jpg

effektz

Green Golfer
Jun 30, 2008
I've noticed it before, but I've become so comfortable with my grip, if it's off I notice before hitting. When I force myself to hit "inproperly", i always screw up

Members online