• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Florida Swing or the Adam Scott Swing?

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
ABOVE: Adam Scott's improbable finishing par at Doral.

TWO IN A ROW FOR ADAM SCOTT. The Aussie bagged his second victory in as many weeks at the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Trump Doral National in Miami. Bubba Watson finished second. Third-round leader Rory McIlroy faded on Sunday.

Scott nearly drowned his chances in the lake that borders the 18th hole at the Blue Monster. His drive came to rest behind a palm tree, so he tried to work a cut from 186 yards that dangerously flew over the water. The ball landed inside the hazard but stayed dry. He was very lucky.

Then Scott wedged his third shot to within seven feet and cooly holed the winning putt. It's like he took a page out of Jordan Spieth's playbook. What a short game. And so much for the anchoring ban. That's a pair of titles with the short putter. Who knew?

"I've used my experience to my advantage the last couple of weeks," Scott told Golf Channel's Steve Sands.

"And [I've] realized around these tough courses although you never want quads and doubles, you're not out of it. It was such a challenge out there today. I knew if I could just get a couple [shots back] before the turn maybe I would have a chance. And everything fell the right way for me today, especially up 18 for that ball to stay up [out of the water]."

A recent winner at Riviera in Los Angeles, Bubba was a solid second, which could have easily been a first were it not for Scott's gutsy play down the stretch.

"It's hard to hit a lot of fairways [here] for anybody," Watson said, "not just me. But you can still play from [the rough]. Right now I’m just seeing the shots so well."

The Adam Scott Swing, er, Florida Swing travels to Palm Harbor this week for the Valspar Championship.

Source: The Florida Swing or the Adam Scott Swing?

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online