• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Force Awakens...

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I have got to be honest, I missed this place. Even with the lengthy hiatus and the minimal golf I play, there was a small hole in my life.

Besides, I could not wait to tell you how bad I played golf down in Naples. :D

The force, apparently, is on vacation as well. 9 holes yesterday....54. 18 holes today.....56, 57 for a 113. Starting to wonder why I ended my 9 year hiatus of golf on a course. What used to a bright spot of my game, the short game, was woeful. Approach shots dreadful. Was avoiding the driver, but was playing so bad I pulled out for the first time on the back 9 today and striped a few down the middle before it turned on me.

I did meet my stated goal, did not hit anyone's house.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I have got to be honest, I missed this place. Even with the lengthy hiatus and the minimal golf I play, there was a small hole in my life.

The force, apparently, is on vacation as well. 9 holes yesterday....54. 18 holes today.....56, 57 for a 113. Starting to wonder why I ended my 9 year hiatus of golf on a course. What used to a bright spot of my game, the short game, was woeful. Approach shots dreadful. Was avoiding the driver, but was playing so bad I pulled out for the first time on the back 9 today and striped a few down the middle before it turned on me.

Not hitting anyone's house is a great goal and I'm happy you achieved it!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country

Just rusty my friend. Play more golf!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country

Maybe you would have done better if you got the greens keeper to have light p targets on the greens like at Top Golf.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Just rusty my friend. Play more golf!
I remember why I left, just too inconsistent. My putting was actually pretty good the past two days considering Vanderbilt CC must be an elephant grave yard as there are one to two of them buried under each green. Occasional flashes of brilliance which resulted in back to back pars on the back 9, and a solid approach shot on 5, but the game is definitely a shadow of its former self. Pretty much a snowman convention on the scorecard.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Maybe you would have done better if you got the greens keeper to have light p targets on the greens like at Top Golf.
There is really no need of a short game at Top Golf, which eases the pain. Better yet, a bad shot at top golf has zero effect on the lie and location of the subsequent shot. I achieved a first, for me, today on the back 9. Hit a solid drive through the fairway into the pine straw and on the second shot through the trees missed the big trees but caught the small tree dead center resulting in a negative 30 yard shot. First time I had a negative yardage shot, so I can check that off the to do list.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Hit the range yesterday morning. Hitting the ball really well without a hint of the shanks or dead pulls. Hit the chipping area. Nice, beautiful, arcing pitches and chips near the intended targets.

The golf gods have a sense of humor.

I am not falling for their trick this time. I know it is just a glimmer of hope designed to make we want to play again, but I know they will be pulling the football out from under me like Lucy to Charlie Briwn the next time I step foot on a course.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Hit the range yesterday morning. Hitting the ball really well without a hint of the shanks or dead pulls. Hit the chipping area. Nice, beautiful, arcing pitches and chips near the intended targets.

I am not falling for their trick this time. I know it is just a glimmer of hope designed to make we want to play again, but I know they will be pulling the football out from under me like Lucy to Charlie Briwn the next time I step foot on a course.
Don't let them beat you!

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007

I am not falling for their trick this time. I know it is just a glimmer of hope designed to make we want to play again, but I know they will be pulling the football out from under me like Lucy to Charlie Brown the next time I step foot on a course.

Hit the range again this morning and was all over the target flag. The Golf Gods are evil.

Good Grief, Charlie Brown !!!

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Golf is like a cat. We love it, and in return is hates us.
I am not going to let it scratch my ass, I am done with course golf for a while.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
The one year hiatus ends next Monday. Heading back down to Naples to visit the folks and play bad golf. Thought about hitting the range or Top Golf the past few weeks but decided to save all my bad shots for the course.

Same goal as last year, don’t hit anybody’s house.

🔥 Latest posts