• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Force Awakens...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Welcome back! Glad you made it through the dark days. I've been in the jobless position and it royally sucks. I can't even describe the feeling that sets on when they tell you you're done.

Luckily for me the job market for software developers is damn good...so a layoff is typically short lived. Adding a bad job market to a job loss would be horrible.

Again, really glad your back once again.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
April 19th, 2015, I have returned to action.

The wife and I ventured up to Top Golf for some golf and brunch. It was a great experience and we had a wonderful time. The swing was not very pretty at the beginning. It was almost like I did not know what to do, but I eventually started settling into a groove. One hour was more than enough to start over again, we will be going back again soon.

Feels good to be back.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
You saw pics from when I was still playing regularly (Eracer's pics I assume). It was probably 10 times worse today.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I miss Eracer around here.

Nope, I remember some pics around the pool. The not pretty was a lot more general than your swing! ;-)

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
What ever happened to Eracer?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
What ever happened to Eracer?
Stopped showing up. We had a few long time members drop out. You, Eracer, Ezra, LyleG and PAJayhawk to name a few.

Not sure what happened to any of them. Lyle popped up not long ago, posted a few times and disappeared again.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Eracer was awesome, played several rounds with him when I was in Florida. I am hoping that they are not having the same issues that I went through. Times got tough at the end of the last decade, I was luckier than most, but it was not an easy ride.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I played 1 round with him, my wife, and oldest stepson at his dad's private club. Great course, great time, great guy. There are pics on here somewhere.

🔥 Latest posts