• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The golf gods smiled on me today :)

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
My favorite playing partner and I were first off the tee this morning, the other playing partners backed out. Even with a birdie, shot a mediocre 47 on the front nine , just couldnt chip with a chit.
Then the Golf Gods smiled on me. relaxed and playing without waiting (2-1/2 hours for 18) went bogey, par, birdie, bogey, par par par par par!!! for a 37!!!
Best nine ever!! had several birdie (3) putts that just missed, but still was quite pleased with the consistant play. anyway, had to brag a bit, it really made my day.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
You must be living right, Doug. Congrats on a killer back 9.

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Good job man, I love when those good rounds pop up liek that now and then. Way to go.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Congrats. I had a 46 on the front at Applewood, but 2 bad drives on the back (one snap hook, one banana slice) gave me two 7s on the back for a 45. Tied my best ever, but missed breaking 90 by that much.

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
You kow it kinda funny but I recall every single alright round and every bad one but the really really god ones don't stay with you that well. A tleast that's how it is for me anyway. weird huh. Of course maybe I need to actualy have a good round before I can start to remember them...:prop:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
47-37

Not a bad way to shoot an 84! It's amazing how much those little up and downs add up isn't it?

OP
DouginGA

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
VtDivot said:
47-37

Not a bad way to shoot an 84! It's amazing how much those little up and downs add up isn't it?

Hit the nail on the head there VT. On the 7th, 422 yds, (third on the handicap) hit a good drive, keeping it low as was into a good breeze. left with about 175, hit a 5 iron just over and to the right, but ends up way below the hole. didnt want to leave it short and have it roll back so you know what i did. about 9' over on the other side of the green, about 6' above the hole, hit a nice chip into the fringe, rolls down past the hole about 10' (couldnt hit it any easier or would have stayed off the green). 2 putt for a double. F-ME.
But the back nine was so sweet :) On in reg. and lots of birdie chances that ended up gimme pars. had several holes where was 10 to 15 off the green in two and just really focused on a good chip to leave me with a makeable putt. the good chip built the confidence to make the 5 to 10' putt. In review I think I was incredibly relaxed that round and just took good smooth swings with no "killer" effort. Rain is forcast for mon and tues so should be out wed. to try and repeat :)

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Way to go, Doug.

I was supposed to play St. Marlo today, but got rained out. Maybe next Monday... :(

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online