• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Great Golf Ledger

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Inspired by the "How Much Do You Spend on Golf?" thread, here's an idea! Write down the item, and what it cost you, of every golf item you purchased and will purchase from January 1, 2008, to December 31, 2008. This is a commitment! We need to weed out the weaker ho's among us...

As for me, since January, I'm out $512. Haven't played ONE effing round yet. Visited the range once, which I forgot to list actually, at 33$ total. So really it should be $545.

Following is a picture of the paper I've taped to my wall. I don't necessarily recommend this, as it's rather difficult to write on a wall mounted paper as I have here.

Add up everything to March 1st, then keep track monthly.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
You've got to be kidding, if I did that several things would happen, and none of them are good. 1st off my wife would find out how much I'm spending on golf. 2nd I'd get physically ill over how much I've spent. And 3rd, I quit golf immediately. :wow:

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Man up! Perhaps this will convince us to spend TIME, not MONEY, on our silly game.

h3king

Junior Pro
Jun 14, 2007
Great thread, glad I can spark some new topics on this forum. I will start this year and see how much I spend. I'm just going to guess and say around 900 this year all spend maybe a little more depending if i'm going to get more then just a driver and wedge.

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm pretty much set now (who hasn't said that before?). I've still got my M565 irons in case I'm not proficient enough for the MP30's yet, and I've got the MP30's obviously if I CAN play them. No interest in going to anything more advanced for the time being. I've got great wedges, the driver of my dreams, a fairway wood I can hit farther than the Big Easy, and a putter I'm finally confident with.

After my first round I'll probably be singing a different tune... but I feel like I've learned a lot, and that I've honestly got the equipment to take advantage of it. I need to re-grip the mizzies, and POSSIBLY switch the PX shafts into the mizzies if I love them. They've got rifles already, which is not a bad rap anyway...

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I hate to say it but I'm going to spend very little more this year on golf equipment. I re-tooled my entire bag over the course of last season and other than building some new hybrids, I don't expect the bag to change much.

I do plan on playing and practicing a lot more this year rather than spending money on new equipment. Heresy, I know... :laugh:

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
If Things go as planed, Well Im looking at about $600 This year. Maybe a little more. Gotta get some more money rolling in.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I think we should be able to count a good ho as a credit. The Bettinardi putter is worth $220, and the Odyssey I traded is worth $120. Thus, I've given myself a $100 credit.

If since 01-2008:

$129 - Tour Swing Renegade 12º head (not yet assembled)
$100 - Vokey SM 54º, 58º
($100) - Mizuno Bettinardi C02h (acquired in trade for an Odyssey 6600)
$700 - MacGregor MT irons
$170 - Mizuno Twister III bag
$79 - Louisville wooden putter
$129 - Another Louisville wooden putter
$100 - Heavy Putter
$29 - 12 Callaway Hot Bite
$30 - 30 Top-Flite D2 Distance
$400 - 10 rounds average $40 per round
$400 - Shottalk outing at World Woods (this does not count the alcohol, since I have no memory of that.)
$52 - 4 Foot-Joy gloves
$550 - Lessons
$45 - The shirt that could only be worn on the course...(and only Woody Austin should wear!)

Total $2813 so far. Somebody help me....please.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
since Jan 1st 2008

284.00 - Callaway FTi
37.50 - Ping G5 3w
51.00 - 24 TM Burner TP balls
38.00 - 10 Sharpro grips
13.00 - Footjoy Glove
10.00 - 5 packs of Prolength tees
5.00 - one roll of grip tape
20.00 - Extra headcover for the FTi(bad for losing them)
150 - dues for membership
150 - 10 rounds of golf
25 - range balls

grand total 458.50 so far...edit since we can use rounds

New grand total 783.50

OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
We are ABSOLUTELY counting rounds, range time, etc! I don't have anything like that on there because I haven't seen grass in two months. The ledger includes all golf-only related expenses; i.e., things used directly for the purpose of golf. This includes balls, clubs, bags, tools, etc. This does not NECESSARILY include polo shirts, unless you have shirts you use specifically on the golf course.

Include Greens Fees, membership fees, lesson fees, etc.

Eracer, I'm loving your total already.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
We are ABSOLUTELY counting rounds, range time, etc! I don't have anything like that on there because I haven't seen grass in two months. The ledger includes all golf-only related expenses; i.e., things used directly for the purpose of golf. This includes balls, clubs, bags, tools, etc. This does not NECESSARILY include polo shirts, unless you have shirts you use specifically on the golf course.

Include Greens Fees, membership fees, lesson fees, etc.

Eracer, I'm loving your total already.
In that case, see my updated total.
icon12.gif

JamesR

Interlocking Now
Sep 25, 2005
Heres what I got so far for 2008.

Mizuno CLK Fli Hi 23* $90 (New on Ebay)
Cobra Carbon CBs $390 (New on Ebay)

Many more to come

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Hmm, scary.

Range balls (estimate) - $100
Lesson - $65
Rounds of golf - $450
CG12 wedge - $110
Fairway woods - $360
Balls - $100
Ping O-Blade - $20
Scorecard software - $40
Forum membership - $40
Wilson Staff Dd5 - $40 (itchy trigger finger last night :))
Clothing - $50

Total - $1375

Ack. :thumbs up:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Year to date....

$8.50 - Bucket of range balls at the heated driving range.

Yup...thats it.

your jealous as hell...i can feel it :D

I cant believe no one has bought one of those jewel encrusted skull & Crossbones belt buckels....lmao Eracer????

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.