• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The greatest courses in the world...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
I'll make everyone here a pact, that if I win a considerable lottery, i'll pay to have everyone flown up here for a driving tour of Saskatchewan and it's courses, all expenses paid.

You have my word on that. :canadafla

R35

Ours is 48M this week. Keep your fingers crossed cause if I win November is on me. First class baby. :p

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Sweet.

Count me in. :)

45 Mill? Wowzahs. I think the biggest we've ever had is around 35 mill. But we have no population, so it's understandable.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bravo said:
1) National GC - Woodbridge
2) St.George's Islington
3) Hamilton G and CC - Ancaster
4) Beacon Hall - Aurora
5) Highlands Links - Breton
6) Redtail GC - Port Stanley
7) Capilano GC - Vancouver
8) Royal Montreal
9) Greywolf GC - Panorama
10) Banff Springs GC
11) Angus Glen - Markham
12) Lynx at Kingswood Park - Fredericton
13) Fox Harbor GC- Wallace

It pissed me off that the article did not mention the province of each course, only the town. The only places I recognize are Vancouver and Montreal.

Where are the rest of these courses located??

Number 5 and 13 are in Nova Scotia. Number 5 is the link I had posted earlier, www.highlandslinksgolf.com It's a Stanley Thomson and a real beauty, owned by the federal government and is a public course (#1 public course in the country).

I'd love to play Fox Harbr. It's private and owned by the dude who owns all the Tim Horton's franchises I believe. http://www.foxharbr.com

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
VtDivot said:
Number 5 and 13 are in Nova Scotia. Number 5 is the link I had posted earlier, www.highlandslinksgolf.com It's a Stanley Thomson and a real beauty, owned by the federal government and is a public course (#1 public course in the country).

I'd love to play Fox Harbr. It's private and owned by the dude who owns all the Tim Horton's franchises I believe. http://www.foxharbr.com

I would love to come up there and play in the middle of the Summer. How far of a drive to these courses from Burlington??

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
Highland Links was number 1 for a couple of years then took a fair drop. Nicest course I ever played and I get to play it alot. The only problem I have with the course is the length of 6592 from the backs. If they made it 7200 some how I think it would be a challenge to pros.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bravo said:
I would love to come up there and play in the middle of the Summer. How far of a drive to these courses from Burlington??

From Burlington, VT it is 17 hours of bliss with wife, yellow lab and baby einstein blaring from the DVD player so my one year old doesn't get left behind somewhere in Maine lol.

Jason is right about the length, it plays terribly short in the summer. Plenty of downhill tee shots too that make you feel like Daly, the contours in the fairways and greens are it's only real defence.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I don't do long car trips anymore if I can avoid it.

What is the closest airport?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Bravo said:
I don't do long car trips anymore if I can avoid it.

What is the closest airport?

You could fly into Sydney, NS (YQY), from there you can drive all over the island.

Cape Breton Island is a fantastic tourist destination in summer... has the world famous Cabot Trail, and also 4 geniunely good golf courses as well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.