• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Honey Machine

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I am currently fulfilling a lifelong ambition to publish a book. The Honey Machine, an illustrated book for children, aged 3-99, was launched on 16 May 2005. This has been a 3 year "labour of love". It is now on sale in a number of book stores in Ireland.

The next JKK Rowling? Not quite. All profits from the book are going directly to Habitat for Humanity Northern Ireland (HFHNI), a cross-community, Christian self-build housing organisation which helps low-income families build and purchase their own homes at a price they can afford.

I am hoping that as many of you as possible will purchase the book (or books) from me directly. The price is £4.99 ($10 or €8) and would make a lovely gift for your children, nieces, nephews, relations, friends etc.

As I said it will be available in Easons, Waterstones etc, but if you buy directly from me the charity will receive more money. I have a stock of copies available so let me know if you would like to place an order. You can pay by cash or cheque (payable to Red Sails Marketing) and I am trying to figure out how to take Pay Pal payments (Sling, some help please!!!).

I will also need your postal address, so if you want to throw in something extra to cover postage cocts that would be cool too.

I am also look for volunteers to help channel the book through local schools, playgroups, churches etc. and to generally raise some awareness of the book and the charity. You can find out more about the book at www.redsailsmarketing.com.

ps Dave ireland and Kilted Arab bought books from me. I'm sure they will act as referrals if you want a critical review ;)

Thanks
Mark
barnaby.jpg

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
That is incredible, IG! Count me in. I'll send a check to the address on the website? And feel free to get "hands on" and giver 'er the ol' signing for me.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
bdcrowe said:
That is incredible, IG! Count me in. I'll send a check to the address on the website? And feel free to get "hands on" and giver 'er the ol' signing for me.

Thanks dude. I'm trying to figure a way to organise electronic payment, as a US cheque for $10 will probably cost me $9 on bank charges for ForEx. I have a PayPal account, so just need to figure out how to receive rather than make payments. PM me with your address, I'll put one in the post, or several if you fancy trying to offload a few to friends and family.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
A great book for the weans...the bright and glossy illustrations kept our little 'un entertained on the flight home...''bee...bee...BEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" was the cry from Baby Arab.

It's one of the few books she hasn't ripped yet, so that must pass as a glowing recommendation!

(IG...what's this about other short stories and film scripts?)

Cheers

KA

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Count me in for a book. Let me know when your PayPal account is up and your account name and I will send you my address and a payment....

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK so I think that the PayPal stuff is now working...

Guys, bring it on! You can now buy this on PayPal. (I think!!!)

This book is going really well. Reaction has been great, check the publicity section in the web-site (www.redsailsmarketing.com). The highlight so far was getting Sarah Travers, a local BBC newsreader fox to support the book launch. She is from Portstewart and is friendly with my sis-in-law. Nice buns, if you ask me...it's a tough job... :D

Remember folks, the proceeds of this book is going to a charity www.habitatni.co.uk. There is currently a team of 25 students out in Ethiopia building houses for homeless people. I have put in £2 for shipping as an estimated cost to ship globally. Any less than this and the charity benefits. Right? :)

It is aimed at 3-7 year old kids, is very nicely packaged, and would make a great gift. I already now have books in the US, UAE (thanks to Kilted Arab) and Australia.

Thanks Guys. I'm not the spamming sort, nor the "Shake the bucket and donate" type. So buy, browse or ignore, I'll still hang witchya.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
I am currently fulfilling a lifelong ambition to publish a book. The Honey Machine, .....ps Dave ireland and Kilted Arab bought books from me. I'm sure they will act as referrals if you want a critical review ;)

Thanks
Mark

Eh yeah I did buy the book - but from the title I was lead to believe it was IG's attempt at an erotic novel ;) ...... slightly disappointed I read it to the young lad and he loved it ... best wishes on the continued success IG .. and if there is a follow up you might consider a bikini section :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
IG:

My book has still not arrived. I ordered it two weeks ago from AmazonUK...

I look forward to receiving it as my Laura is now taking an active interest in reading...

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Dave Ireland said:
Eh yeah I did buy the book - but from the title I was lead to believe it was IG's attempt at an erotic novel ;) ...... slightly disappointed I read it to the young lad and he loved it ... best wishes on the continued success IG .. and if there is a follow up you might consider a bikini section :D

I reckon there's a certain sartorially-challenged golfer who needs a wee trip to the confessional...

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
I reckon there's a certain sartorially-challenged golfer who needs a wee trip to the confessional...

Give us a shout and I'll go with him ....I'm already planning the wardrobe for your impending arrival .... goin for an understated elegance look this time :D

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Dave Ireland said:
Give us a shout and I'll go with him ....I'm already planning the wardrobe for your impending arrival .... goin for an understated elegance look this time :D

If you wear that frock I saw in the back of your car, I'm calling the Garda.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I still have not received my book.

I will follow up with AmazonUK tomorrow.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
Bravo said:
I still have not received my book.

I will follow up with AmazonUK tomorrow.

I had a look at the Amazon site...it says something about "4 - 6 weeks waiting time".

I'd guess that's due to the limited print run, they prob have to order it themselves from the publishers as and when a customer orders it.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Guys,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I think. :confused:

Sales are going well, I guess I am up near the 1,000 mark. Not quite JK Rowling, but take a look at the attached. This is a picture of a Habitat for Humanity volunteer reading the book to some kids in Desse in Ethiopia, Africa. Remember the money raised fo rthe book is going DIRECTLY to building houses there.

You can now buy the book direct on the site www.redsailsmarketing.com using PayPal. I'd prefer everyone who would like a copy goes this route.

You can also buy through Amazon UK like Bravo did. I know that it said 4-6 weeks delivery time. What I guess happens is that they request one from me, I send it to them and they forward it onto the end customer. Ultimately it ends up taking longer and being more expensive for everyone. I would be interested to know when it arrives.

btw Sling, I posted yours on Wednesday, so you should have it by early next week.
Claire holding The Honey Machine.jpg

🔥 Latest posts