• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The ladies' tees experiment

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I pretty much gave up on this not because I was giving up on this, but I hardly played any golf post-starting the thread. Life kinda got in the way ya know. I'll try to remember to resume this in spring.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
It doesn't take up any space, I just didn't want to sticky a dead thread. I'd like to see you continue it, personally. I'd really like to see some hard data concerning this. :)

OP
nututhugame

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
It doesn't take up any space, I just didn't want to sticky a dead thread. I'd like to see you continue it, personally. I'd really like to see some hard data concerning this. :)
The thread isn't dead, I just live in WI... where golf has been dead since October. Nearest course opens tomorrow and i'm hoping to get out for 9 even though it's going to be in the high 30's. There will most likely only be one set of markers out on the whites and that's what i'm playin because i'm not playing from the ladies tees for my first time out of the year.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The thread isn't dead, I just live in WI... where golf has been dead since October. Nearest course opens tomorrow and i'm hoping to get out for 9 even though it's going to be in the high 30's. There will most likely only be one set of markers out on the whites and that's what i'm playin because i'm not playing from the ladies tees for my first time out of the year.
I can't believe you guys have courses opening tomorrow! That's crazy. Is all the snow gone there? We have at least another month before the first course opens.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I'm playing tomorrow on a course that typically has all the tees moved up this time of the year. On most of the holes, the blue, white and gold tees are in the same place as the reds. It's the only course that I know of that does this. So I should be able to add some data to this experiment. It's a course that I know inside and out. I typically shoot in the mid 70's when the tees are moved back, so the course is pretty easy to begin with. I'm gunning for something in the 60's(par 71). We'll see if I can pull it off.

Edit: I played the front 9 at that course two weeks ago and shot a bogey free 2 under. So there is some data.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I can't believe you guys have courses opening tomorrow! That's crazy. Is all the snow gone there? We have at least another month before the first course opens.
We haven't had a measureable snow for a while, and a couple 50 degree days with wind and rain. The only thing left here is the drifts.

It doesn't take long to get rid of a couple feet of snow.

🔥 Latest posts