• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Lake of Isles - North Course - Foxwoods Resort, CT

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Was at Foxwoods this past weekend for my bachelor party. Overall, great time.

Played 18 on the Lake of Isles - North course on Sunday (South course is for members only). Green fees are $195.00 but included the following:

-cart
-range balls
-non-alcoholic drinks and snacks are free (the basket between the gold cart seat and golf bags was filled with emplty cans and bottles of pepsi and gatorade)

A couple of others items include:

-brass bag tag with your name engraved on it
-divot tool
-nice graphic yardage book, very detailed.

To anyone that is staying away from this course because of high green fees, just do it once. It was so worth it and I would definitely go back.

Now for the actual course:

Absolutely beautiful. Although it was a very very tough course for me (played from the middle (silver tees) 6300 yards.

Fairways are somewhat wide but if you miss, you are done, just drop.
A couple holes were over water. (i.e. 17th hole, you need to carry your drive about 220 yards over water to hit the fairway. I lost about 6 balls here) :)

The course is so spread out. You need to drive your cart across wooden bridges to move around. The view is amazing. I think I would die if I had to walk this course. hahahaha.

One recommendation, bring lots of balls. I think I donated over a dozen balls for 18 holes.

Shot a 117. Score didn't matter. Was just enjoying the atomosphere and beautiful landscape.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Was at Foxwoods this past weekend for my bachelor party. Overall, great time.

Played 18 on the Lake of Isles course on Sunday. Green fees are $195.00 but included the following:

-cart
-range balls
-non-alcoholic drinks and snacks are free (the basket between the gold cart seat and golf bags was filled with emplty cans and bottles of pepsi and gatorade)

A couple of others items include:

-brass bag tag with your name engraved on it
-divot tool
-nice graphic yardage book, very detailed.

To anyone that is staying away from this course because of high green fees, just do it once. It was so worth it and I would definitely go back.

Now for the actual course:

Absolutely beautiful. Although it was a very very tough course for me (played from the middle (silver tees) 6300 yards.

Fairways are somewhat wide but if you miss, you are done, just drop.
A couple holes were over water. (i.e. 17th hole, you need to carry your drive about 220 yards over water to hit the fairway. I lost about 6 balls here) :)

The course is so spread out. You need to drive your cart across wooden bridges to move around. The view is amazing. I think I would die if I had to walk this course. hahahaha.

One recommendation, bring lots of balls. I think I donated over a dozen balls for 18 holes.

Shot a 117. Score didn't matter. Was just enjoying the atomosphere and beautiful landscape.
That's how I felt at Whistling Straits.

Expensive? Didn't care.
Tough course? Oh hell yeah.
My score? Didn't matter, as I was just so happy to be there.

I really want to go back and play better, but it was a great memory, even if I played terribly.

Sounds like Foxwood is a similar experience.

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
I've heard a lot about Foxwood's course recently. Since I live about 45 minutes away I guess I'll have to try it.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You didn't invite me?

bastard.

ST World HQ is just 35 minutes from there. :killersmiley:

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
ez and i played there last year.

i didn't lose too many balls, but b/w ez and i, we lost about a dozen or so. but we also found $hit load of premium balls.
we played from the tips, and it was also a week b/f New England amature tournament and the roughs were THICK. i couldn't hit 7i off of that thing. first time i realized that why pros don't like roughs.

beautiful course for sure, but little too expensive for my blood.. or at least not just yet ;)

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
You didn't invite me?

bastard.

ST World HQ is just 35 minutes from there. :killersmiley:

Sorry Sling for the no invite. :)

Where is the HQ's? I went to UCONN Storrs so I frequented the reservations often. :)

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
I've heard a lot about Foxwood's course recently. Since I live about 45 minutes away I guess I'll have to try it.

If you do go and plan to stay the night, play the course on your first day there.

We arrived on Saturday, played craps, blackjack, etc...had a nice steak dinner at CraftSteak and played poker until 6:30am. Tee time was at 11:10am Sunday. :(

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, that course was ridiculously tough. We played with a kid from WRX for $25. Only stipulation was we teed off at 4pm. Finished in the dark on 18.
DSCF1819.jpg

HOTC Guy

Golf community reviewer
Dec 21, 2008
Had the opportunity to play the South course at Lake of Isles earlier this year. Nice layout, sporty, but I wasn't overwhelmed. A few of the holes seemed a bit forced for drama's sake. I'm also not fond of a hulking hotel providing the backdrop to the finishing hole.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.