• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The LIV (Saudi Tour) Thread

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
The list is out:

LIV Golf Invitational London field: Oliver Bekker, Richard Bland, Laurie Canter, TK Chantananuwat, Hennie Du Plessis, Oliver Fisher, Sergio Garcia, Talor Gooch, Branden Grace, Justin Harding, Sam Horsfield, Dustin Johnson, Matt Jones, Sadom Kaewkanjana, Martin Kaymer, Phachara Khongwatmai, Sihwan Kim, Ryosuke Kinoshita, Chase Koepka, Jinichiro Kozuma, Pablo Larrazabal, Graeme McDowell, Jediah Morgan, Kevin Na, Shaun Norris, Andy Ogletree, Louis Oosthuizen, Wade Ormsby, Adrian Otaegui, Turk Pettit, James Piot, Ian Poulter, David Puig, JC Ritchie, Charles Schwartzel, Hudson Swafford, Hideto Tanihara, Peter Uihlein, Scott Vincent, Lee Westwood, Bernd Wiesberger, Blake Windred

The courses supporting tour list is out:

Five of the events will be held in the United States. Those sites are Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club in Portland (July 1-3), Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J. (July 29-31), The International in Boston (Sept. 2-4), Rich Harvest Farms outside Chicago (Sept. 16-18) and Trump Doral in Miami (Oct. 29-31). Other hosts include Stonehill Golf Club in Bangkok and Royal Greens Golf Club in Jeddah.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
The million dollar man told us, everybody's got a price!! And clearly 5 mil. Was theirs!!

DJ going against his word?!?! Not really a shock, disappointing though for sure! RBC has already cut ties I hear... little surprised to NOT see Rickie on there. Change of heart in his camp perhaps? A talk with Jack??

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
11 local mayors and both of our senators oppose the tour coming to Portland. Link to article

There are going to be protests, guaranteed. I talked to a current member of Pumpkin Ridge and he said he knows at least 18 people that quit the club over this. The problem is that it's not the club's (or even the course's) fault, it's their owners, Escalante Golf, who made this happen. Escalante is hosting two LIV tournaments.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
11 local mayors and both of our senators oppose the tour coming to Portland. Link to article

There are going to be protests, guaranteed. I talked to a current member of Pumpkin Ridge and he said he knows at least 18 people that quit the club over this. The problem is that it's not the club's (or even the course's) fault, it's their owners, Escalante Golf, who made this happen. Escalante is hosting two LIV tournaments.
I certainly support your mayors and legislators. Hopefully, there is some penalty you State Legislature can warrant against the owners. There needs to be consequences such that the owners are forced to sell the club and/or financially damage them.
Waiting to see if other sponsors drop players as UPS did for a couple. The top players make huge bucks from the sponsorships. Will club manufacturers still want hats and bags to carry their names?
Gonna get nasty.....

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country

There is another owner with two courses on the list and previous ties to the Saudis, but we can’t talk about him here.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
They can't even get their own list right. I'm sure this tour is gonna be solid.

Disappointed to see Louis and Graham on that list.
Copied and pasted from an online article, it is possible they screwed up the name rather than the tour.

Quite a few disappointments on that list. It could cost Poulter and Westwood a shot at Ryder Cup captaincies down the road if the current tours are serious about their threats. I guess Garcia, too, but I do not think the Euros were too keen on him to begin with for a captain’s spot.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
The PGA Tour has released a statement:

“As communicated to our entire membership on May 10, PGA Tour members have not been authorized to participate in the Saudi Golf League’s London event, under PGA Tour tournament regulations. Members who violate the tournament regulations are subject to disciplinary action.”

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
The equivalent to "I'm gonna count to three. Onnnnnneeeeee...."
Hopefully they don’t go down to the fractions…

Unfortunately, PGA Tour discipline is normally not published to the general public. We may never know what they actually do to these guys. If they all get “injured“ for 6 months to a year we may eventually figure it out, but I am hoping they make these disciplinary actions public.

🔥 Latest posts