• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The LIV (Saudi Tour) Thread

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
Bridgestone is happy to sell tires In Saudi Arabia. Mastercard is widely accepted in Saudi Arabia. The hypocrisy is alive and well.
And Phil’s KPMG ? Hit with millions in fines for shady business practices

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Bridgestone is happy to sell tires In Saudi Arabia. Mastercard is widely accepted in Saudi Arabia. The hypocrisy is alive and well.
And Phil’s KPMG ? Hit with millions in fines for shady business practices
The world is an awfully shady place, if you take the time to look into things. Like was mentioned with the membership of Augusta...

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Henrik Stenson was just stripped of his Ryder Cup captaincy because he joined LIV

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I think the PGA Tour needs to figure it out sooner rather than later. LIV is only getting stronger by the day and is sitting on an endless pile of cash. The majors, Ryder Cup, and President’s cup are going to be diluted if they continue to banish players.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
$400,000,000 was offered to Hedeki?? Did I hear that right? My eyes go all funny seeing that many zeros at once!!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
1659135405642.png

1659135717316.png

fifty million dollars later...

1659135427116.png

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
81.7 rating holy shit lol
Yeah it’s absolutely nuts. I played there once in a scramble about 3 or 4 years ago and we were playing it from the “regular” tees at 6500 yards, it was insane to just turn around on every tee and see the back tees nearly 150 yards away, and some even more like 200 yards away. A very playable course though, and it sets up well for people who are accurate off the tee. Even from the “championship” tees the yardages don’t really scare me that much, and with how the bunkers and stuff are I don’t think I would struggle too much.

I hope they make these LIV guys suffer from the full length tees

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Now filing a lawsuit to come back and play on the Tour?? Are these guys seriously expecting to be welcome back with open arms? Like Jeez, Phil is making himself look like a full blown ass clown!! It’s pretty clear Dechambeau always was one!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tiger and Rory should be thanking Phil. He was the first big name to go LIV and start pulling players to the tour. Now that the PGA Tour is panicking a bit, they are going to do a lot of the things Phil was asking them to do and open up the purse strings for the top players. If they had done that right off the bat, none of the big names would have gone LIV. The PGA Tour’s refusal to think the LIV could compete for their players has weakened the PGA Tour.

At the end of the day, Phil is making the upper echelon of PGA Tour players lives better by going LIV, but they still criticize him for doing so.

🔥 Latest posts