• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The long awated trip to Golf Central.

Jun 24, 2006
Finaly got in today to hit some drivers. The first thing I did was hit my old r5 on the Vector.

r5 avgs.:

Ball Speed- 140.0
club head- 97.3
Total Spin-2495 (useing a blackMAX)
Back Spin- 2371
Side Spin-697
club face angle at impact- 0.8º open. ( 6 of 7 balls were perfectly square, one ball was 5.7º open)
Carry:229.6 :( (I'm just a small boy:D)
offline-18.9 yards.

Nike SQ SUMO avgs.-

Ball-139.5
Club head-96.6
ball speed-139.5
total Spin-2680 (useing a Nike Plat)
back spin-2615
Side spin- -21
Club face at impact- all dead square
Carry-231.1
Offline- 0.1 ( had one ball 0.4 yards offline)

So the sumo was better for me but..I don't want a sumo. Don't like the shape of the head..that big dip thing on the back isn't for me.

I was hitting the SUMO because the diden't have any 460 Tours. They called 2 other stores and none had ANY tours. The NIKE rep diden't even have any. This pissed me off..

So I going to see if GOLFTOWN has any before I go and start looking for ANOTHER driver.:real angry:

I did hit the SUMO2 into the net..once..sounded like a shotgun went off beside my ears in a hollow steel tunnel. Put that thing away. Also hit the superquad and 425. Nothing special. The thing that impressed me the most was the crapture hybrid thing. That felt nice. They diden't have any lefty Nickent demos. Bastards..might look further into a hybrid.

They also diden't have the old SQ 3 woods in a Stiff flex shaft. Just the new ones which I don't like as much.

Ended up just getting 2 dozen B330-s balls, a box of the Top Flite D2 FEEL balls, and..4 boxes of Zero frictions. I got 2 boxes and then whn I was in Cleves I saw they had a bigger size so I grabbed 2 of those to.

The guy doing the fitting watched me hit one ball and said " this is going to be an easy fitting".

At the start he said it would take probably 45 mins but I was done in 10 mins. Only hit 14 balls, Still charged me $50..:( .

The staff in there was very nice though. And I'll definatly go back to the same guy for future fittings, he was really nice. Did everything he could to get me the Tour model.

So were still waiting on Golf Town.

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
This is th E-mail I got from GT:

There are 6 SMLH 9.5 with Prolaunch 65 and 9 SMLH 9.5 with NV 65 scattered
across the country. 1s and 2s showing for the 3 woods in the same shafts.

I was recommended a Shaft with a high bend point so Rock, I have to get an Aldila NV:laugh:.

I don't think I'll be able to get these with that many of them in CANADA. Might have to go wit the new 3 wood if I can get the driver. No biggie there.

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
YESS!!. I orderd the Tour from hick land ( Ontario:D:D). Im am currently in contact with a gentlemen from GT about possibly getting one of the 2 remaining 2006 3 woods. Most likely going to have to get the new 3 wood. It's supose to be better but I dont like the sole of it as much.

Im VERY glad I got the driver though. Should be shipped tomorrow.:laugh:

PS. those D2 balls feel hollow off the putter:eek:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I had fun reading this thread. I liked the zero interruptions, like you were talking to pigeons in the park while feeding them.

:D

Well done on the legwork. Sometimes, you gotta feel around a little to find what you want. Kudos.:)

R35

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
I had fun reading this thread. I liked the zero interruptions, like you were talking to pigeons in the park while feeding them.

:D

Well done on the legwork. Sometimes, you gotta feel around a little to find what you want. Kudos.:)

R35

Lol.You should see my "soooo much to choose from" thread. I think I posted in that like..7 times in a row :).

This is the first time I bought a driver New and retail. Hopefull I made the correct decision. Still no word on the 2006 3 wood.

I'm very happy.:)

Notice the signature change.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Good job on the balls and you can never have enough Zero Friction tees! Sounds like you have a plan. One other source you might try (call them is Edwin Watts Golf - We carry golf clubs, golf balls, golf accessories, golf shoes and golf apparel from Callaway Golf, TaylorMade, Taylor Made, Titleist, Cleveland Golf, Cobra, and Nike Golf . They have alot of stuff they don't show in their website and catalog and I've got some good deals there. I'm talking mainly about last years SQ fairway. Remember, a good ho always follows up his buys with a review... :laugh:

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
Good job on the balls and you can never have enough Zero Friction tees! Sounds like you have a plan. One other source you might try (call them is Edwin Watts Golf - We carry golf clubs, golf balls, golf accessories, golf shoes and golf apparel from Callaway Golf, TaylorMade, Taylor Made, Titleist, Cleveland Golf, Cobra, and Nike Golf . They have alot of stuff they don't show in their website and catalog and I've got some good deals there. I'm talking mainly about last years SQ fairway. Remember, a good ho always follows up his buys with a review... :laugh:

kneerrrr..I wonder how much it would be to ship it from way down der.

The site said it was having difficulties. I'll check back tomorrow.

The guy that did my fitting said the new 2007 SQ fairways were better than the old ones and that TIGER! even switched to it. I hit it in the net but the matt was like hitting off concrete so I couldent really get the feel of the club. I can't find many reviews on these either.:(

I'll be thinking..:eek:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
The guy that did my fitting said the new 2007 SQ fairways were better than the old ones and that TIGER! even switched to it.

There was a Tiger commercial the other day and the camera panned the driver in his hand and I could swear the head looked like the SUMO.

I, like you, thought the SUMO was surprisingly solid. I'm just not convinced that it is that much more solid than the SQ Tour to justify dropping 400 bones. Then again, there will be discounts offered at a local demo day next month. :emot-ange

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
So far it has been a bad day and a really really good day:(.

Bad day- pukeing my guts out.
really really good day- The gentlemen I said I was in contact with about getting the 2006 SQ fairways sent me a couple E-mails by the time I finaly got far enough away from bed and the bathroom to check them. I told him that someone at golftown told me..there were NO 2006 SQ fairways left. Then Scott, the guy I have been talking about said the guy diden't do his homework. There is ONE left!. Someone bought one of the remaining 2 yesterday. He said it was in Victoria BC and he was going to have it shipped directly to me.:laugh: :laugh:. Frig I was so happy. Golf Town rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Well, Scott rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Massive help to me.
He got me both the driver golf central couldent get me, and the LAST NIKE 2006 SQ FAIRWAY EVER TO BE SOLD BY GOLF TOWN LEFT HANDED. I'm one lucky guy.

So I have both the clubs I wanted coming my way.:) They both have NV's in them so I might put groon multi compounds on them when the time comes.

It's going to be a good day when they get here.

Driver will be firs since it was in Ontairo.:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.