• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The lowly tee.....

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i just sogned up for the freebies also. not that i need more tees but as you guys said if its free it for me.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
All an attempt at humorous BS there robert. I find all that T-level and other chit just chit.

In reality I use cheap tall tees from walmart, hold the ball in my palm and the T on the ball between my first and middle finger, thumb pointed down, push in till thumb touches ground, pull back up about a quarter inch. I try to place the ball in line with an old tee or leaf lying on the tee box that is on the aim path. I figure if it goes the first foot online it is better than if it doesnt.

I knew those pink tees weren't working for a reason.

I think paying attention to my alignment, ball position, and overall focus is way more important than the tee I use, how high I tee the ball, or any other "chit" associated with those little pieces of wood, plastic, whatever.

Tee it up and let it fly.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I'm teeing the ball higher than I ever have now with the new driver... and learning how to swing the driver all over again. I was a classic hit the ball at the bottom of the swing driver back in the day... now I'm trying to catch it on the upswing. Feels funny still, but when I do it right like I did on 18 today... 270 yard carry dead in the center of the fairway, 12 inches of roll. :)

Been using a yellow brush tee that I got for a gift...like how it tees the ball at the same height, but it's kind of a pain to get straight... the ball won't sit on it right if it's a little bit off plumb. Next time out I'll likely go back to the plain old scavanged tees that my bag is full of. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.