• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Masters

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I've thought about wearing a Shottalk sandwich sign and walking up and down in front of the main gate.

What do you think my chances would be of getting invited in?

About the same as mine...slim to none..and slim just left town!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Good post Bravo. I myself am guilty from time to time of categorizing wealthy people as uncaring, greedy bastards. The fact is that many, if not most of them, worked hard for what they have, and are basically good people. They live differently than I do, but who among us can say we wouldn't if we had their wealth? Your friend sounds like a decent man.

We have a lot of very successful people in our community and the amount they provide for charity is huge. They've made millions and step up to the plate and write the big checks.

When my BIL took his final turn for the worse last week, they took him to a "Pallitive Care Center" at UAB Hospital. The rooms were like something you would see in a resort hotel...big plasma TV's, broadband internet access, leather couchs etc.

Each room had a bronze plaque outside...with the name of the donor. They were local families who had stroked big checks for the construction of each room and it contents. Something to make the dying patient and their families very comfortable in their final days and hours...

Money makes a lot of good things happen too...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Good post Bravo. I myself am guilty from time to time of categorizing wealthy people as uncaring, greedy bastards. The fact is that many, if not most of them, worked hard for what they have, and are basically good people. They live differently than I do, but who among us can say we wouldn't if we had their wealth? Your friend sounds like a decent man.

I've had the chance to meet and work with quite a few wealthy people over the last 10 years. For the most part they are exactly as you describe. Worked hard, made a lot of money but remember where they came from. I'll can also say that they are much more likely to respect my time and appreciate my efforts.

If I could only learn how to copy them. :)

There are plenty of pricks in the world, some are rich and some are not.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
OK, back to the Masters. What a great experience for Kelly Tilghman to have caddied for Arnie during the par-3 tournament! I can only imagine what it would be like walking down the fairways at Augusta with three legends like Arnold, Jack Nicklaus, and Gary Player. You can see that Arnie's physical ability is diminishing, but he's still the King.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
OK, back to the Masters. What a great experience for Kelly Tilghman to have caddied for Arnie during the par-3 tournament! .

I can't believe she didn't pull that long hair back into a ponytail while caddying. With that Masters hat and coveralls and hair flying everywhere, she looked like a redneck from Hephzibah.

🔥 Latest posts