• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The medicinal properties of urine

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Bravo

You doubting Thomas.....Urine Therapy rocks!!

History has shown that urine has always been a powerful medicine with many virtues in “obstructions of the liver, spleen and gall-bladder, in the dropsy, jaundice, and as a preservative against the plague”. And, fantastically, when a woman suffers difficult labour a draught of her husband’s urine facilitates delivery.

Indeed, urine has a host of therapeutic qualities, listed in the Dictionn-aire of 1768 as well as in James’ Pharmacopoiea. Revolting as this idea may sound, the idea of medication with human dung is worse. It is very serviceable”, wrote James, in mitigating pains induced by charms, for resolving “pestilential Carbuncles”, and for preventing inflammation in wounds. He remarks that it was prescribed by mouth for the quinsey (suppurative tonsilitis), to repress the crises in fever and to relieve epilepsy. For epilepsy, too, a draught of recent hot blood was claimed to be effectual.

The notion that men’s urine when drunk relieves gout goes back as early as Pliny. A mixture of stale urine with the ash from burnt oyster shells was applied to heal rashes, ulcers, sores, burns, and scorpion stings, while a draught of urine was given in the Middle Ages to cure dropsy and jaundice. The essence of urine prepared by distillation was considered effective against gout, renal calculi and asthma. In 1685 Madame de Sevigne recorded: “For my vapours I take eight drops of essence of urine and, contrary to its usual action, it has prevented me from sleeping.”

Believe it or not, urine therapy, or the drinking of urine, is practiced throughout the world. Urine therapy is used to prevent or cure sickness, and to enhance beauty or to cleanse one's self. Most people who drink urine drink their morning urine straight and steaming hot; others mix it with juice or serve it over fruit. Some use it a couple times a day mixed with a tablespoon of water. And others wash themselves in their own pee to improve their skin quality. Many modern Japanese women are said to engage in urine bathing. And the really crazy ones use their own urine as an enema.

The main attraction of this unusual home remedy is its cost and availability. It is much cheaper than the other "water of life," alcohol And unlike alcohol, urine is always available

Many people claim that there is nothing urine won’t cure. Urine is said to be effective against the flu, the common cold, broken bones, toothache, dry skin, psoriasis and all other skin problems. It is said to deter aging and is helpful with AIDS, allergies, animal and snake bites, asthma, heart disease, hypertension, burns, cancer, chemical intoxication, chicken pox, enteritis, constipation, and pneumonia to name but a few diseases it is said to cure. It even cures shanks!!!

So why bother developing medicines at all if we are all walking pharmacies? Some supporters of urine drinking say that the medical community has known about the astounding medicinal properties of urine for decades, but refuses to tell the general public about the wonder drug we all carry within all of us.

A word of caution before you start drinking your own urine. There may be negative side effects such as diarrhea, itch, pain, fatigue, soreness of the shoulder, fever, etc.

And from a golfing perspective, imagine how good you putting would become if you had to drink a glass of your playing partner’s pee if you 3-jabb any green. Now that’s pressure.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hey - I like this!!!

Let's start with a video of you showing us how it is done...First, we'll start out with you holding your Johnson in your hand, while filling up a nice pewter mug with the brew.

Then, throwing your head back...you chase it all down in a single swallow....

Show us the way and we will follow. It's all a matter of technique - I am sure...

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I'm thinking bad breath might be another side effect.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Bravo said:
Hey - I like this!!!

Let's start with a video of you showing us how it is done...First, we'll start out with you holding your Johnson in your hand, while filling up a nice pewter mug with the brew.

Then, throwing your head back...you chase it all down in a single swallow....

Show us the way and we will follow. It's all a matter of technique - I am sure...

It's once again down to basic principles. Alignment, stance, grip, posture and swing. It's best not to force it, slow steady sips work. Trying to go for the big swallow often results in missing the target. Basic urine management strategy!

China works better than Pewtar! The latter is too harsh and won't give out the full flavour. Flex of the handle is important though, especially in a strong cross-wind. :faintthud

Clear that nasty cold up in no time Bravo. Let me know how you get on.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
IG, you got me thirsty.
But what if there is a urine infection? Is it still good?
What about male semen ? Does it have any medicinal property? I think it's rich in protein, right?

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I shocked and afraid that people are even discussing this. You all crazy...CRAZY I say.

Though I have been known to indulge in the occasional golden shower :).

Some one was gonna bring those up sooner or later, might as well be be.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.