• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Mental Aspect of Golf

sdurham1662

Mar 2, 2005
I have been playing golf seriously for about 5 years now. I am about a 8-10 handicap and comming into this golf season for my school I was on Fire, could not miss a putt, shot. We have just started and we are playing 9 hole rounds after school just so the coach can shape up the team. I was coming into the year coming off a great summer league,(best on the team). The last 4 rounds I have had this season were 52, 47, 43, and 45. I know thier is no reason for this. Before the season i was coming in consistantly with 38-42. I have come to a conclusion that the reason for this is my metal game. Any Suggestions????
Thanks a whole lot in advance!

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Read:

Golf is not a Game of Perfect by Dr. Bob Rotella.

All of Rotella's books are good, but that one, Not a game of perfect, is one of my favorites. It'll learn ya good. LOL!

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
as rumor has it, and being a fellow H.S. golf competitor, scorest tend to go up when they actually mean something to you or those around you, don't worry about, just play your game, i don't even watch my competitor's shots unless i think i can benefit from watching them, which in most cases i can't
tear it up and happy hunting, those look exactly like my scores, where ya from?

OP
sdurham1662

sdurham1662

Mar 2, 2005
I'm from St. Louis. The funny thing is that everyone is playing that bad, but our number one shot a 35 today. I need to step it up. What year are you?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i'm a sophomore this year, I've got a really good chance of going to the KS state tourney this year, regionals are at my money course, i'm the number two on our team, i don't want the number one spot though, just b/c of the weight you're expected to pull, theres a big discrepancy between number one and two, so i like my spot

🔥 Latest posts