• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The mystery of the X-flex...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Lyle,

I thought you were sold on regular flex?

:emot-ange

I love the feel of the regs, I just cant keep my move at the top smooth enough to have enough consistency using them. I am really starting to find I play my best when I am my most aggressive. Both from a playing standpoint and a swinging one. When I play this way short, heavy, and stiff give the best results. I am very quick at the top and really release the club hard. For the last few years I had been trying to fix that and have begun to realize that it doesnt need to be fixed. I swing hard and fast. Its natural to me, I will no longer fight anything that is natural to me, regardless of how far from textbook my swing is. It is what it is, and it works. I am done with tinkering with my swing, and working on it.
Does this mean everyone should use X flex? Not a chance. If you dont have a hard move at the top, and I mean hard, coupled with a late release then they will not work. Most people are still better off with R flex shafts.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
FOOL

We are golfers, therefore we are mildly insane. I went regular recently and had a spell after some dodgy readings and advice from a pro. Yet looking back I was bewitched, you want the next thing to work so badly you can fall for anything. Sadly I couldn't hit a barn door from 10 yards so the search continued. I am now in XXX. Its just golf, it has to be dome, its part of life. I suspect myself and Lyle may well be related in some way

edit, yes, me to, I need a lot of lag and an aggressive move down

Bossman641

Jan 10, 2007
I actually feel the opposite. I haven't gotten my swing checked in a few years, but I'd guess my driver ss is about 107 or so. I have an X in my driver right now but that's only cause I have a Cobra L4V and I think the heavy head weight softens it up quite a bit. I had a set of 33's with X100's last year, and have gone back to S300's in my 32's this year. I have a pretty aggressive move from the top and I'm pretty sure I would be fitted into an X but I just feel better with stiff. Maybe it's just mental, with an X I feel like I have to make a hard move at the ball. I did like the X better in my short irons though. I felt like I was a lot more accurate with them. I actually wanna try some stuff shafts hardstepped. Maybe one of these days I'll actually get fitted.

🔥 Latest posts