• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The New Music Thread

Azyr

Jun 18, 2019
the forest
Country
Canada Canada
Why not have a thread for sharing cool tunes? I hereby declare a new music thread.

Kicking it off with Haiduk [metal]

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
You've had 4 posts in your 3 year membership here, every one of them promoting Haiduk. I'm starting to think you're in the band.

Anyhow, enjoy some Alkaline Trio

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I like Shinedown, this is just a cool video of a break during a concert

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I'm stuck in the past, music-wise, but I do buy new albums from some of my favorite artists, Joe Bonamassa, Jeff Baxter, Jeff Beck, etc.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Well, at least he's consistent
About as consistent as some of you old timers!! :>)

Looks like Sanford is a little north of Fayetteville and Bragg. Son and wife just bought a home on the outskirts of Fayetteville. That's where they will retire in another 1 1/2 years. Her family is between Fayetteville and Wilmington in the Wallace area. She rules the roost so they're staying close to her "interesting" family. She talks funny, y'all!!! He's spent the longest time of his career with the 82nd. Started there. Pentagon. Campbell. Back to the 82nd at Bragg.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
About as consistent as some of you old timers!! :>)

Looks like Sanford is a little north of Fayetteville and Bragg. Son and wife just bought a home on the outskirts of Fayetteville. That's where they will retire in another 1 1/2 years. Her family is between Fayetteville and Wilmington in the Wallace area. She rules the roost so they're staying close to her "interesting" family. She talks funny, y'all!!! He's spent the longest time of his career with the 82nd. Started there. Pentagon. Campbell. Back to the 82nd at Bragg.
Before 9-11, you could drive all through Bragg (soon to be Liberty). In my previous work life, we owned a commercial glazing company and did a lot of work on base. Back then, I could be on base in 30 minutes from the other side of Sanford relative to Ft. Bragg. I now live about 20 minutes from base. Very used to seeing C-130's running package drops, I drive past a few drop zones and see parachutes floating down, etc. And yes, we're NW of the area. Fayetteville, specifically the Hay St area around the ball park, is a great place to go for dinner, a brewery stop, sometimes some live music, and just walking around enjoying little shops.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Before 9-11, you could drive all through Bragg (soon to be Liberty). In my previous work life, we owned a commercial glazing company and did a lot of work on base. Back then, I could be on base in 30 minutes from the other side of Sanford relative to Ft. Bragg. I now live about 20 minutes from base. Very used to seeing C-130's running package drops, I drive past a few drop zones and see parachutes floating down, etc. And yes, we're NW of the area. Fayetteville, specifically the Hay St area around the ball park, is a great place to go for dinner, a brewery stop, sometimes some live music, and just walking around enjoying little shops.
The Special Ops museum is a can't miss!!! We could have spent lots more time there. Also... how many "Waffle House" restaurants? When the boy came back from his first deployment to Iraq, we were there to meet him. The following day he had to do some morning debriefing, but was excused the rest of the day. He said he's meet us at the Waffle House. We sat and waited... and waited... and waited. Finally he showed up. "After you guys didn't show up, thought maybe I should check the other Waffle Houses and here you are!" Guess Pope AF Base is no longer. Now a joint base with Bragg.

At 40 years old, he still jumps out of perfectly good airplanes and runs marathons or trail runs. Ran a 50K a little east of Charlotte last fall. 5,000 feet of elevation change as your traverse up and down hills. And... wonders why his knees are gone at this young age!!!!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
The Special Ops museum is a can't miss!!! We could have spent lots more time there. Also... how many "Waffle House" restaurants? When the boy came back from his first deployment to Iraq, we were there to meet him. The following day he had to do some morning debriefing, but was excused the rest of the day. He said he's meet us at the Waffle House. We sat and waited... and waited... and waited. Finally he showed up. "After you guys didn't show up, thought maybe I should check the other Waffle Houses and here you are!" Guess Pope AF Base is no longer. Now a joint base with Bragg.

At 40 years old, he still jumps out of perfectly good airplanes and runs marathons or trail runs. Ran a 50K a little east of Charlotte last fall. 5,000 feet of elevation change as your traverse up and down hills. And... wonders why his knees are gone at this young age!!!!
There are almost as many Waffle Houses as there are Dollar Generals.

🔥 Latest posts