• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The new Ping gear

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Saw the whole g15 line this week. IMO PING is going to be tits up in no time if this is the direction they are going. Awful looking, feeling and expensive. No Thanks.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Despite looks... I hit the I15 hybrid and almost bought it... but the Pro Gold won out ;)

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Ping thinks they can charge that coin... They can, because people will still pay the full price for it all.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
It look very similar to the G10 line but uglier. The maroon-wine black coloring is hideous, and the G15 Hybrid....

Oh God, the G15 hybrid is he worst looking club in the world. Although, I think their sales are going to be pretty good, since is an "all-in-one" hybrid: it works as a baseball bat, for self defense, as a stripper's poll, and when you have a limp table. The only aspect where it falls behind is as a golf club, but other than that, its the way to go!!!! :D

buykrux

May 15, 2009
at my course, many of the elder members LOVE ping
ping could take goliath driver, write ping on it with a sharpie and charge 600$ and they would buy it
i dont mind their stuff, i like their putters and the i15 woods look decent but IMO they should be working on a forged players iron
ping items hold their value and are great quality items althought most are extremely ugly lol

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Since the I3 line I haven't seen much from Ping that made me even remotely interested. Everything since the I3 has been pretty much the same as the I3, just a different color scheme-or to many colors. Actually come to think of it, everything since the Eye 2 has been pretty much the same in looks, except the color scheme.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
wow- thought they did a great job putting feel back in the irons. i15's - not a huge fan of the backside decrative issue. but for playability -- i15 line of irons and woods is like a nice rack. G15 line is as is - game improvment at its finest.. max forgiveness brother.. shovel and yes the hybrid is like a sheep's hook -- but damn- is it easy to hit fellas... my cents..

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Ping would be the last club maker to go tits up since their main business is aerospace and they do well in it. Golf is now just a sideline for them.

But I agree on the G15 and i15 series. I don't like the looks of them either. Too much trending toward the ugly Cobra, TM and Callaway looking irons.... which IMHO look even worse. I like the simple look like the Mizuno irons. But they'll soon also probably follow this ugly, "busy", "NASCAR" look that's taken over.

Looks aside... Pings just plain work. And always have.

:shocked:

Phana24JG

Phana24JG
Nov 10, 2009
:D
Ping would be the last club maker to go tits up since their main business is aerospace and they do well in it. Golf is now just a sideline for them.

But I agree on the G15 and i15 series. I don't like the looks of them either. Too much trending toward the ugly Cobra, TM and Callaway looking irons.... which IMHO look even worse. I like the simple look like the Mizuno irons. But they'll soon also probably follow this ugly, "busy", "NASCAR" look that's taken over.

Looks aside... Pings just plain work. And always have.

:shocked:

What's wrong with a NASCAR look? If anyone makes a club with a Hendrick paint scheme on it, I am ordering it tomorrow. :D

lebowski

Feb 16, 2008
I am with Ken on this one. Yeah the cavities may be a little busy, but man do the i15 irons perform. I got a chance to hit them the other day and they were awesome. I can't wait to give the I15 driver a whirl. Ping makes great stuff, period.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I maintain Ping's G10 woods are better than the G15. Their performance is great. Also, the G10 hybrids would have to be one of the best looking hybrids at address. IMO

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.