• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Old Guys

OP
David Hillman

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Even if he doesn't win tomorrow, I hope Norman plays a good round. He's about the last guy in the world who needs _another_ heartbreaking Major finish. I know golf isn't fair, but that's just not right... to come in with no expectations and then lose it at the end. At some point, this guy deserves a payback from whoever is in charge.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Where do you rank a Norman victory? In these conditions. Has to be in the top three all-time. And if he holds off a charge? All-time greatest.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
When Norman wins today it should rank as #1 of all time. I seriously doubt given the horribly windy conditions that even if Tiger were playing, that he would have been in contention to win.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Somewhere down the line, years ago, Norman must have really pi$$ed off the Golfing Gods. Oh well, it was great fun to watch while it lasted. And it was still a great showing for a 53 year old that doesn't play any more golf than he does now days. My hats off to you Mr. Greg Norman! :thumbs up:

I know I would have hated to have had to play in those conditions, that was brutal looking.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
How ironic: Norman comes close in another major, and for his efforts is rewarded with.........................................................another invite to Augusta National.

Somehow Faldo needs to find a way into the 2009 Masters just so he can give Norman another drubbing.

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
Did you see him mouth the F-word right after holing out on 18? He still cared---- a lot. Great tournament for him but keeping up with the young guys for that long just wasn't realistic.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Norman hit three terrible shots today, 2 fat and one high cut. Outside that he played really well. Overall he has to be happy, but inside he knows he had such a good chance to grab that last major. Oh how close. He behaved all the way through with total high esteem and professionalism.

Can' stake it away from Podge though. Sore wrist? Hmmm.

🔥 Latest posts