• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The ONE golf hole that you play regularly .....

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
...... that just pisses you off. :)

For me, it's #17 at Forest Hills. It's a par 5, uphill all the way. It's hard to tell, but it's a fairly good incline. Out of bounds on the cartpath to the left. The bunkers on the front and right side of the green are the deepest on the entire course: The ones on the right are 15 to 20 feet below the green.

The large live oak on the left side at the landing area catches and kills all slightly left tee shots. The fairway also slopes sharply left to right about here, and all slightly right shots are kicked into the rough or pine trees.

I usually play this hole from the white tees, which is listed as 506 yards, but I swear the grade is such a killer that it plays more like 606 yards. From the blue tees it is 554 yards and the black tees it is 563 yards.

I can rarely even get to the green in 3 on this hole. I have birdied it once: driver, 3 wood, PW and a 10 ft putt. My usual score is a bogey or double. I consider a par on this hole a moral victory.

This used to be #8 back in Bobby Jones' day, as the nines were reversed. That would make more sense, as then the finishing hole would be a par 5, instead of a short par 4. I have begged the club to switch the nines but they won't do it because they can't see the current #10 tee from the new clubhouse.

I hate this hole. :)
Forest Hills #17.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
How come there's an extra red dot between the green and your second shot?

:laugh:

R35

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
This one......178 yard par 3 number 9 at Quarry Ridge. I ALWAYS shank it righ into the woods by the sand trap......always.
9.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I don't have the resolution that you guys do, but this should work.

#17 at Deer Valley GC. 515 from the tips, elevated tee about 75 feet. I can usually fly the traps on the left, but you get almost zero roll, so it's about a 315 yard drive on the fly. You're left with about 200 to an elevated green that has trees tight left, long, right and two bunkers short. If you're more than 10 feet right, you're in the creek. Tight, but rewarding. The green funnels to the front, so if it's a back pin, you gotta get it there. Rolling it on is not an option, it's all air baby.

I've eagled this a few times, but it's a challenge. It's usually downwind, so you can hit some big bombs off the tee. I hit a ball with a 40k tailwind that one guy who's a member there said he had never seen a ball hit so far in his life. That drive was something like 395. Wedge in from there.

R35
17DV_par5.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Does Canada even show up on Google Earth?

:D

It does (barely), but we don't need hi res as we don't have countries attacking us that require our government to spy on us. Plus we wanna keep our golf courses a secret from you damn yankees.

But I bet the US government has hi res of Canada.:laugh:

R35

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I don't have any pictures of the hole but it is our 3rd hole at my club and it is 176 yds, par 3. It normally plays 15 yards longer due to the uphill and the wind is normally into us. There is water right up to the edge of the green and I hit it in every second round. It never fails, par 1, birdie the short par 5 2nd and stand on the 3rd tee and all I can think about is hitting this friggin ball in the water and making 5.:laugh: I have tried taking way too much club and playing long, but I will either hit it bad due to knowing I have too much club or I will hit it pure 20 yards into the woods behind the green. This hole haunts me even now and I will beat it somehow this coming summer.:)

Jun 24, 2006
Does Canada even show up on Google Earth?

:D

Not my part of the country.:(

Mine is # 7 of the White Point Golf Club. It's a Par 4 398 yards with a lake and trees on the right, the first fairway and trees on the left. Fairway is pretty narrow and you wanna stick to the right as much as possible on this hole. The green slopes big time left to right and if you're not below the hole it's a difficult 2 putt.

My At the 150 marker there are trees on the left of the fairway that can block your shot to the green even though you are still in the fairway. My ball happens to like this spot no matter how hard I try to go right.

The second shot is also tricky as it's slightly up hill the entire way to the green. Miss left of the green and you can pretty much say good bye to your par. Again, this is a favorite for my ball. Only two bunkers on the hole one left of the green and one to the right.

Par is a good score for anyone.
course 153.jpg
course 156.jpg
course 159.jpg

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
6th hole at Lake Windsor, it's only a 352 yd par 4 with a big pond off the left side & I-94 off the right side. For some reason no matter what I just cannot play that hole properly, almost always I end up way to the right & eventually card a big fat 6 or 7. The rest of the course I do no worse than bogey but for some reason that hole just kicks my ass.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I can't really choose just 1, some give me trouble sometimes but other times not. I birdied #17 at Triggs off the tips last month with driver-6iron, until then that was in the running. These 2 combined have to take the cake though.

#9 is just over 440 dogleg left and #18 is just over 460. Both these play uphill to the clubhouse and there won't be any 300yd. drives, not even by Bubba Watson. This course is built on a swamp so no roll and you can't hit a cut drive unless it's about 120ft. high by the time it hits 150yds. The best I've seen was 2fast bomb one over the bunkers, dead straight on 18 and hit the green with a 3iron. I've reached once in regulation with back to back 13* 3w's. Tough holes.

BTW - It looks like it's pretty sparse along the edges, not so. The trees are dense and no shot at the green from there, trust me, I know.
icon10.gif

Edit for the beauty of Google Earth. On #9 the teebox is 11ft. above sea level, bunker +8ft. and green +32ft. On #18, teebox +7ft., bunker +11ft. and green +33ft.

swanseatwinterrors.jpg
swanseatwinterrors.jpg

Jun 24, 2006
I can't really choose just 1, some give me trouble sometimes but other times not. I birdied #17 at Triggs off the tips last month with driver-6iron, until then that was in the running. These 2 combined have to take the cake though.

#9 is just over 440 dogleg left and #18 is just over 460. Both these play uphill to the clubhouse and there won't be any 300yd. drives, not even by Bubba Watson. This course is built on a swamp so no roll and you can't hit a cut drive unless it's about 120ft. high by the time it hits 150yds. The best I've seen was 2fast bomb one over the bunkers, dead straight on 18 and hit the green with a 3iron. I've reached once in regulation with back to back 13* 3w's. Tough holes.

BTW - It looks like it's pretty sparse along the edges, not so. The trees are dense and no shot at the green from there, trust me, I know.
icon10.gif

Edit for the beauty of Google Earth. On #9 the teebox is 11ft. above sea level, bunker +8ft. and green +32ft. On #18, teebox +7ft., bunker +11ft. and green +33ft.

View attachment 6093

That designer should be shot..those holes look exactly the same.:eek::rolleyes::shocked::unhappy:

🔥 Latest posts