• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Pingeth Arriveth!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
After much soul searching (or at least eBay searching) I finally picked up one for a song. :mgw:

G10 - 10.5 degree
Prolaunch Red s
Mint!

Now off the beat the living shit out of it!! :biglol:

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
get a bigger barf bag!!!

G10 with Fubuki 73 stiff.. or the new Rapture v2 that arrived yesterday.. blue board 63.. mmmmmmm....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
IG, as WBL says... we're waiting for a review. I had the 10.5 w/PL Red and it didn't work out. WBL loves his... worships his... sleeps with his... but, he's got the Ping OEM shaft. I have no problem hitting "S" flex shafts in anything. But, the PL Red was too much for this old man!! It's for young flat-bellies like you!!

Tell us how you get along with the new 'monster'....

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Ive never been a fan of the Ping Drivers but I would like a review also.

Think it's about time to increase the text size of the driver in your sig Limp :smilie_tm

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK, so I took it out for a spin today. 1st drive cost me a ball! Watch the Dunhill. That's what I played in today. Pouring rain and high winds! But driving wise the rest of the day was promising.

Interesting flight off this bad boy. The PL Red is supposed to hit it low, hence the 10.5. I did find myself skying it a little bit and getting it a bit hooky. Dam, should have gone for the 9 degree. But otherwise it felt very solid. I will need a lot more lab time with this one to give it a real test.

Roll on the Ping Love!

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
put more range time in today with the v2 10.5 with blue board 63 stiff at 45''. very nice and definetly lower and more penetrating than the G10 in same loft.. if the hookies keep up- shorten that sword!

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Defs would have thought you would need a 9 degree with a Ping driver, Marko.

Best of luck with it anyway, and stick me down for playing on the 18th. Hopefully the weather is somewhat better than it was yesters. Horrible !! :(

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
No worries Andy! I'm out this Saturday anyway.

Played a few holes with my 8 year old yesterday. Different day, light breeze, sunny, what a climate I live in!

Anyway, I hit the G10 6 times and screamed every one of them. Much better flight today. I have to say it's not mega long (or shot) but it feels incredibly solid and straight. It's a nice classic head and the little crescent moon alignment aid was subliminal. I'm still not convinced on the shaft, but will give it a few more outings before fully making my mind up.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
That PL Red in stiff flex plays stout I believe. Maybe a reg flex in that would give you more distance. And mine is a pretty high launch but they just never come down. Not like popups at all.

A long hitting friend (usually about 50 yards or more beyond me hit mine. He normally hits a 7º with stiff flex shaft. He bought one just like mine after hitting it, 10.5º with reg flex Ping shaft. You should see him nail that thing. :)

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Actually right now I'm traveling with work. In the South of France (Nice) so9 not much by way of golf action. I'm here for the next 5 days so no golf this w/e. Will have to console myself with good food and some French wine.

Pretty sure the Ping is full blooded, no fake! Just my swing is a bit faek right now.

🔥 Latest posts