• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Players Championship

utahgolf

Just Getting Started
Nov 4, 2007
Northern Utah
Country
United States United States
Alright, time to break out this thread. Who is your fav and who do you think might be a surprise.

My favorite is probably Adam Scott, he is playing quite well and should be in contention. The surprise player is Andres Romero.. the kid has heart!

AND......

discuss

:usflag:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I like Adam Scott this week as well, although it's tough to discount the confidence that Anthony Kim is playing with right now. That kid can play.

My dark horse is Justin Leonard. He likes this tournament, and has been playing pretty well this year. You're right about Romero though. He's a danger to win any day he tees it up.

My real dark horse is Lee Westwood.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I'm picking Phil only because I think he is due for one....Thats the kiss of death.

Dark horse would be Henrik Stenson

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I like Adam Scott this week as well, although it's tough to discount the confidence that Anthony Kim is playing with right now. That kid can play.

My dark horse is Justin Leonard. He likes this tournament, and has been playing pretty well this year. You're right about Romero though. He's a danger to win any day he tees it up.

My real dark horse is Lee Westwood.

Eracer do you have a real, real dark horse?:D

asdf221

May 8, 2008
nospamming.net has live streams of
Yourflyis Open
Most Italians Open Chianti with a corkscrew
THE PLAYWITHMYSELF Championship

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I watched the 17th hole coverage online all day yesterday. What a hoot!

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
My choices...

Phail (oh why do I keep doing this?)
Sergio (and this?)

Ryan Moore
Anthony Kim
Padraig

Well both of these guys are solidly in the hunt. Sergio got the benefit of playing early yesterday with no wind and the softest the greens are likely to be the entire tournament. Phil left a few strokes on the course but overall had a solid round.

Today we'll get to see if Sergio is for real this week or if he only had the odd low round in him while others played under much tougher conditions. Phil will have to tighten it up just a bit and if he does has a decent chance to win too.

Of course it's usually the weekend rounds that Sergio chokes like a cat coughing up a 5 lb. hairball. :laugh:

Should be an interesting few days.

I watched the 17th hole coverage online all day yesterday. What a hoot!

Great idea, I forgot they had that coverage online. I'll have to watch it today too. :thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts