• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm a disabled vet, and semi-retired, so I do not work. In the past when I had a job in a pro shop I gave a few lessons helped some people out. I'm a decent golfer, I've been down to a 4, currently a 7. Really just to have the title "teaching professional", I was thinking about getting certified. Maybe doing one of the home study courses, such as the PGTAA. It's $1000, but at the same time I would be able to learn something and better my knowledge of the game. What do you guys think I should do? Save my money and pay for another membership, or get the home study course, get a "certification" have a title as teaching professional.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
$1000 now on teaching professional and you could pay your dues the rest of your life with the earnings from that certification and very little work during the year.

I say go for the cert.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
facepalm_statue_2.jpg

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I'm a disabled vet, and semi-retired, so I do not work. In the past when I had a job in a pro shop I gave a few lessons helped some people out. I'm a decent golfer, I've been down to a 4, currently a 7. Really just to have the title "teaching professional", I was thinking about getting certified. Maybe doing one of the home study courses, such as the PGTAA. It's $1000, but at the same time I would be able to learn something and better my knowledge of the game. What do you guys think I should do? Save my money and pay for another membership, or get the home study course, get a "certification" have a title as teaching professional.
Would you actually teach people, or do you just want the title?

🔥 Latest posts