• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Our dog does a pretty good job obeying. There is one thing that drives me nuts. I'm an early riser. She is up with me by 5 a.m. and expects to eat her breakfast. When I turn her out after she'd eaten, sometimes she sees wandering cats, racoons, rabbits in those morning hours. If a couple animals get her attention, she would much rather keep them company than return to the house. If she is let to run loose, I usually have to get some shoes on and go find her. She's a Black Lab and a little difficult to see after dark. Once I find her, she is good about following me back in. It's just enough to get me perturbed at her before I go play golf. I've learned that it's best to just put her on her cable when it's dark. She doesn't like it, but I can "reel" her back in.
This morning, we had a good visit before I let her out. "I'll leave you off your cable if you promise to come back in when I call." I do believe that under the black coat... she's a blonde. Would not come in. Rattled the treat can... would not come. Rattled her leash as if we would go for a walk... would not come. Was headed for my shoes when another idea hit. Grabbed the laptop and pulled up a YouTube video of dogs barking. Turned that on and barely opened the back door. Seconds later, this 75 pound black "streak" blows by me into the house looking for the other dogs. Doubt it will work again.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Our dog does a pretty good job obeying. There is one thing that drives me nuts. I'm an early riser. She is up with me by 5 a.m. and expects to eat her breakfast. When I turn her out after she'd eaten, sometimes she sees wandering cats, racoons, rabbits in those morning hours. If a couple animals get her attention, she would much rather keep them company than return to the house. If she is let to run loose, I usually have to get some shoes on and go find her. She's a Black Lab and a little difficult to see after dark. Once I find her, she is good about following me back in. It's just enough to get me perturbed at her before I go play golf. I've learned that it's best to just put her on her cable when it's dark. She doesn't like it, but I can "reel" her back in.
This morning, we had a good visit before I let her out. "I'll leave you off your cable if you promise to come back in when I call." I do believe that under the black coat... she's a blonde. Would not come in. Rattled the treat can... would not come. Rattled her leash as if we would go for a walk... would not come. Was headed for my shoes when another idea hit. Grabbed the laptop and pulled up a YouTube video of dogs barking. Turned that on and barely opened the back door. Seconds later, this 75 pound black "streak" blows by me into the house looking for the other dogs. Doubt it will work again.

Actually, if she is really a blonde, it'll work over and over.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Dog and I try to get two to three miles in each day. Tuesday, our route took us past a medical facility. As we were hoofing it down the sidewalk, I spied a lottery ticket. Sure enough, it was for last night's Powerball! Evidently, the ticket blew out of someone's car as they visited the doctor.
I took this as a sign. Wow! I'm gonna be rich! What a story. Lottery ticket found blowing down the sidewalk is makes finder multi-million dollar winner!!! Immediately, the thoughts began to run through my mind. How do I prove it's mine if the original purchaser lays claim to it? Was it a random 'quick pick'? Or, are the number some sequence of ages or dates where they can prove ownership? Will the store that sold the ticket check security cameras and identify someone else as the winner? Sheesh! How will I go about convincing "finders keepers" to keep my millions???!!!
The ticket wasn't even a $2 winner. Nothing but litter. Life is so much easier that way!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I had a spike sniff my boot a while back during gun season. They're very curious creatures and if not taught what the smell of human is, they'll come right up to ya if you're still.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
You sound Cuban.

giphy.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.