• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Authorities say a man walked up to the Topeka police headquarters and threw a rock through the glass front door.

Police say an officer working the front desk heard the glass break about 10 p.m. Friday and thought the person had shot through the door.

An emergency call drew officers from several surrounding agencies.

Officers took the apparent rock-thrower into custody. He wasn’t identified because he appeared to be having a mental crisis.

"Mental crisis?" I suppose if you decide to toss a rock through the front door of a police station in a fair sized community, perhaps the assumption is that you are having mental issues!! Happened last night.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Tomorrow's forecast. Don't know how the greens will be rolling...….

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 6 PM CST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions with total snow accumulations of 4 to
6 inches expected with locally higher amounts possible. Winds
gusting as high as 45 mph will lead to whiteout conditions.

* WHERE...Nemaha, Brown, Pottawatomie, Riley and Jackson
Counties.

* WHEN...From 6 AM to 6 PM CST Sunday. The heaviest snow will
likely occur from the mid-morning to early afternoon hours.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel will be difficult if not impossible
at times. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce
visibility.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Tomorrow's forecast. Don't know how the greens will be rolling...….

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 6 PM CST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions with total snow accumulations of 4 to
6 inches expected with locally higher amounts possible. Winds
gusting as high as 45 mph will lead to whiteout conditions.

* WHERE...Nemaha, Brown, Pottawatomie, Riley and Jackson
Counties.

* WHEN...From 6 AM to 6 PM CST Sunday. The heaviest snow will
likely occur from the mid-morning to early afternoon hours.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel will be difficult if not impossible
at times. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce
visibility.
So, what did you shoot?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
My wife let me know this morning that we are in the market for a new TV. The current TV is a nice 47" LG I got on Cyber Monday 4 or 5 years ago. It will go in the bedroom where there isn't a TV currently. Now what to choose. Been researching all day and I'm not any closer to making a decision. Not sure I need a 4K or not (leaning no as out current TV isn't and the resolution is just fine). Something in the 55" range. Have to look tomorrow and see what the deals are.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
My wife let me know this morning that we are in the market for a new TV. The current TV is a nice 47" LG I got on Cyber Monday 4 or 5 years ago. It will go in the bedroom where there isn't a TV currently. Now what to choose. Been researching all day and I'm not any closer to making a decision. Not sure I need a 4K or not (leaning no as out current TV isn't and the resolution is just fine). Something in the 55" range. Have to look tomorrow and see what the deals are.

Good luck and have fun!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country

Been having a little trouble finding tubes for our tv. The horizontal hold is getting touchy. But, the hi fi record player still works. I do think ours is close to a 55", however, if you measure the cabinet end to end. Not sure what you mean by "4K". Ours must be a 6K... 6 knobs on the am radio. Our "resolution" is to not stack more than 5 or 6 LP 33 1/3 records on the changer cause they play half the night. :D:D
112601.jpg

(Actually had one that looked just like the photo right after we were married. Beautiful piece of furniture. Amazing how technology has changed.)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I picked up an All American 21.5qt pressure canner for myself for xmas this year.

Got it for a great price. I also found an 18q vintage All American pressure canner in an antique store for $40, and it is in great shape. Easy $100-$150 as it sits on ebay.

🔥 Latest posts