• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Nihilist Dad Jokes.

My fav: "You hear about the moon restaurant? Good food, no atmosphere! If you eat there, you forfeit your life, which would make no difference to the universe as a whole."
If I lived with that sad disposition, I'd have someone give me the shot and put me to sleep. Sheesh! How does someone even get out of bed in the morning with such a negative outlook on life? Today is a GREAT day. Why? I woke up... again! I've got another day to see the sunshine, hug my wife, and spend time on ShotTalk. Life is GOOD!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
You'll love the Nihilist Arby's twitter page, limp.

"Here at Arby’s we’d like to wish you all a happy Easter, the day the son of god rose again, in fulfillment of the scriptures. April fools: there’s no god, death is forever and the bunny is your mom. Eat Arby’s"

"When you consider that nothing matters, checking nutrition facts, being vegan, voting, loving your spouse, getting out of bed each day, it’s all pretty meaningless. Soon the sun will eat the earth and nothing you’ve ever heard of will even exist at all. Eat Arby’s"

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
R.I.P. President H.W. Bush. The world is losing a world class gentleman.

DtVirluW0AAik35.jpg:large

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The integrity and commitment to spend his life serving our country, remaining steadfast in his love of his wife and family, and someone we should all be thankful for the time he spent in the White House. Where have those with such essential character traits disappeared to in today's political clime? Rest in peace, Mr. President.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I recall him delivering a speech in Latin. A scholar. I held a candle for him and wished he had a second term. RIP.

Some may not know the strong connection his bloodline had to golf; eg The Walker Cup.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Picked up my new glasses yesterday.....bifocals. Not sure I'm going to be able to get used to these things.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Be careful going down stairs. That was my first challenge. I eventually got Lasik and quit the whole eyeglasses bidness.
Went to the range today. Tried to hit with the bifocals on. Not ideal.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Picked up my new glasses yesterday.....bifocals. Not sure I'm going to be able to get used to these things.

I’m trialling a “monovision” set up with contact lenses. A close up lens in the left eye and a distance lens in the right eye. It works quite well and the eyes adjust fine.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I’m trialling a “monovision” set up with contact lenses. A close up lens in the left eye and a distance lens in the right eye. It works quite well and the eyes adjust fine.
Not an option for me as I have one eye that looks in slightly which gave me double vision as a child. Since then my body has ignored it all together which gives me poor depth perception. that's why i never became a proctologist as nothing is worse than a proctologist with bad depth perception.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Not an option for me as I have one eye that looks in slightly which gave me double vision as a child. Since then my body has ignored it all together which gives me poor depth perception. that's why i never became a proctologist as nothing is worse than a proctologist with bad depth perception.
You missed your calling. :poop:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Playing golf with bifocals is the suck.
Yep. Tried it, couldn't make it work. I just told the optometrist that I wanted a pair of single vision glasses to play golf in and he did the rest. The key is to be able to focus on the ball at impact, so about 6'?

Members online

No members online now.