• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
We just got power back on last night, it had been out for 4 days. Freezing rain brought down hundreds of power lines in the Portland area, and Oregon in general. It suuuuucked.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
After watching this crap for the past week I've decided that our hot as **** summers are just fine.

The weather has been crazy this year and just from my own observations of VT weather over the last few years it’s getting weirder.

Stayed pretty warm up until the end of October. Got a snowstorm that dumped 3’ of snow in November. The next week it was 60° and melted most of the snow. Then it got cold, been highs in the teens for about 4 weeks or so, ling enough that temps in the 20’s feel warm. Now it’s just icy because it rained Monday.

Maybe I’m just getting old and it wears on me. I can’t imagine what a winter storm with low temps and no power would be like though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
CHUBBS!!!!

ae2e493928557153cdbc1d2f1b821730

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We who live in Kansas have always bragged that we see all four seasons... sometimes in 24 hours. Lived here all of my 74 years. Have seen significant changes in weather over the past few. We used to be "tornado alley". Nothing to see multiple tornados drop out of the clouds in a single season. Can't remember the last time we have had a tornado warning. July into August used to be triple digit heat. We would watch for a hurricane to come ashore in the Gulf to push the jet stream north and cool us off. We seldom see triple digits anymore. In the past few years we've seen record flooding... record low temperatures in the winter... record high temperatures in the WINTER... droughts... Nothing is predictable. Nothing makes sense. The radical temperature changes are no longer surprising. We had a low of -21 a couple days ago. We will be in the upper 60's to low 70's by this coming Tuesday. 80 to 90 degree temperature swings in a few days.

Golf course expected to reopen this coming Monday. Life goes on.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I can't stand the PXG guy, screaming and slobbering all over himself... *mute*

🔥 Latest posts