• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
@BigJim13 I have an Ebay question. I'm selling an Anser putter, I only offer shipping to the US. Some guy in Fance clicked to buy it and sent me a question asking me how to pay using Western Union. What should I do? What would you do?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
@BigJim13 I have an Ebay question. I'm selling an Anser putter, I only offer shipping to the US. Some guy in Fance clicked to buy it and sent me a question asking me how to pay using Western Union. What should I do? What would you do?
IMO, PayPal only.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Not sure if serious, but the only people that even suggest WU anymore (ESPECIALLY from overseas) are scammers.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
NEVER take western union, period. 99% of the time it's a scam-not just from eBay but from working at the bank WU is used by scammers alit. Tell him Paypal only.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
And you can refuse to sell since he is outside where you agreed to ship. You can also add a handling fee if you do decide to ship international, I have done thy before.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
If the receives the money before he ships the club, wouldn't he be safe?

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Get the insured,delivery verified shipping. It costs more, but they cant say they didnt get it etc. It costs me around 50 bucks from asia or europe.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I heart my bike.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1398546316.381551.jpg

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Receiving money via western union is fine. Being asked to pay via that method is the problem. Never pay via WU.
Wouldnt he be giving a guy in france his aba routing and checking account number? Would not the individual in france then be able to run a debit transaction on that account? Sure go open an account and have zero money in it just for recieving funds, but dont give up the account with funds in it. France has superhigh tax rates. They do a lot of cash or money order stuff to hide from taxes. The clothing, chocolate, bread and french diners I saw when I was there were all cash businesses.

🔥 Latest posts