• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
100% of people who DO NOT eat mashed potatoes will die.................. If we cannot cypher which axiom is correct, I'd rather take the chance that mine is!!!! Or, maybe I'll just eat sweet potatoes from now on.
100% of people who eat sweet potatoes will die, too...........

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
There is some really beautiful country in the southeast part of Kentucky. Only problem is that one could easily assume 95% of the "People of WalMart" photos are shot down here!!!:D

Hey! That’s not true! As someone living in KY I can assure you that number is only 80%

Ohio and Indiana are taking over more and more of that percentage each year

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I died once.

Worst death ever.
Daughter attended a funeral this past week. One of the most "interesting" she had ever seen. Started out with highlights of a football game he had attended shown on the "big screen" at the front of the church. Had the pep band from the local university play the fight song while the attendees sang along, clapped, and swayed back and forth just as would be done at a ball game. The pep band was complete with bass drum, tubas, etc. A local small time movie group was hired to film the entire service for the family to "enjoy" over the coming years. Some others from her office attended. They were all totally taken back by the "production".

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Rough week.

Monday, daughter attended funeral of former co-worker. 46 years old. Had broken a foot in a bicycling accident. Foot surgery. Back to work with a "boot". Walking across campus, dropped dead of a heart attack.

Wednesday, daughter and son-in-law attended funeral of one of the SIL's former co-workers. 52 years old. He and his wife had had an argument. Didn't come home. Wife was home with kids, so called his sister. Asked her to go by his place of business and see if he had just slept there. Wouldn't answer his cell phone. His sister walked in to find him hanging. Left note. Suicide.

Yesterday, I attended the funeral of a guy who I had played dozens of rounds of golf with. Heavy smoker. Body beginning to rebel. 56 years old. Only saw him on the golf course once this year. His wife came home from work to find he had stuck a shotgun in his mouth.

Next door neighbor. Had total knee replacement about 2 weeks ago. Surgeon nicked an artery in her leg. Medically evacuated by helicopter to vascular surgeon in metro area south of us. In ICU for 7 days. Brought back home and put in a rehab facility here. Infection set into the knee. Had to open back up and do some rework. Still in hospital here. She's in her 80's and quite heavy. Still tough to see.

Thursday, one of the guys from our course was playing another course in town. Collapsed on 18th green. Heart attack. EMS personnel got him going and he was life-flighted to a cardio facility east of us. Had another heart attack there. Emergency surgery. They are saying he should fully recover.

We've had 5 suicides in our community this past two months. Youngest age 17. Oldest, the 56 year old former golf partner. The military post just west of us suffered their seventh suicide of a solder, this past week, since July 1.

Oh. My daughter's mother-in-law is now in hospice waiting for the cancer that she has fought the past few years to finally end things.

Makes hitting an errant golf shot seem pretty minor in the big picture of life.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.