• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Some extremely important advice for making things work with your wife after retirement. Make sure you watch it until the very end!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I took my son to the skatepark and he had his Spotify playlist on. A song by Crooklyn Dodgers came on and I said "This sounds like Cypress Hill."

I dropped him off and then connected to my NOFX Pandora channel. It played a NOFX song and then - which it has NEVER done before - played a Cypress Hill song.

FU Tim Apple :mad:

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Man, I get tired quickly on the course!
When that happens, I cannot hit the golf ball to save my life lol.
I thinks it’s going to be a tough return to golfing!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Happy Earth Day. To celebrate, I'm going to go play golf and take massive divots.
Bought two new recliners today. Boxes said "Made in Viet Nam". Probably made out of some rare product that can't be reproduced... has carcinogen effects... and the factory releases acres of hazardous material into the air. That's how I celebrated Earth Day.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Looks like I'm selling my motorcycle this weekend...

Sad...but a boat seems more family friendly.
2301.jpg

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Wouldn't it be easier to just put all your money in a fire pit?
Not if you're mechanically inclined and have the ability to do work yourself.

My last boat was a 1977 Ranger 158V fiberglass bass style hull with a 1979 Johnson 70hp outboard. I bought it for $1200 from a guy because the engine didn't run right, was hard to start, and wouldn't get on plane. He thought it was trash, but compression was good on all 3 cylinders.

I put about $200 in parts into the boat and maybe 15-20 hours of work into re-wiring the hull and fixing the outboard. Spent the better part of 3 summers and a couple hundred hours of run time on that boat. Then I sold it to some kid that drove 4 hours to get it for $2100. Thing ran like an absolute top. He emailed me 3 years after I sold it to him and told me he sold it to a friend of his, it's still running and fishing.

Only reason I sold it is because I got laid off from my first IT job at the time and had to trade in my truck for a fuel efficient car. With no vehicle to tow the boat, it was just taking up space. But yeah, if I had to take that boat to a dealer to get all that stuff fixed, it would have been several thousands of dollars.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Also...dude that was supposed to show up and buy this thing has gone radio silent. He said last night about 8 that he would be here between 11a and 1p(apparently he's with the cable company). Haven't heard from him yet this morning after two messages asking if he's still coming. I haven't given him my address yet...so...not sure how he's going to make it by 1 when he lives 2.5 hours away according to his FB profile.

I have 2 other guys that have offered acceptable numbers though, so...at 1 the next in line gets a chance.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Don't ever buy anything from Russia. My company was looking at buying Russian bar stock until I showed them an article where Russia was melting all their atomic waste into it.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Don't ever buy anything from Russia. My company was looking at buying Russian bar stock until I showed them an article where Russia was melting all their atomic waste into it.

Good grief, I just watched the HBO series Chernobyl. I was 8 when it happened so had no recollection. That was some messed up stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Also...dude that was supposed to show up and buy this thing has gone radio silent. He said last night about 8 that he would be here between 11a and 1p(apparently he's with the cable company). Haven't heard from him yet this morning after two messages asking if he's still coming. I haven't given him my address yet...so...not sure how he's going to make it by 1 when he lives 2.5 hours away according to his FB profile.

I have 2 other guys that have offered acceptable numbers though, so...at 1 the next in line gets a chance.
Picked out the boat yet?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Picked out the boat yet?
Well, it depends on what we can find used. But we're going to be on bigger water(for around here). Fishing will be probably be 60ish percent of the usage, and the other 40% will be tubing/skiing/swimming/etc. So I'm planning on buying a Lund 1775 Impact. Maybe buy one new, but odds are I'll get one a few models old to save a few bucks.

🔥 Latest posts