• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
As a die hard Niners fan, I cannot. And it’s too hot.
It’s easy being an out of town football team fan in Dallas. The Cowboys will always find a way to screw it up In the end. I wear Patriots gear to work all the time and the Cowboys loyalists leave me alone. The only people that catch any heat are the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants fans.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I wish all you northern folks would move to Dallas… we would quite the awesome crew!
The San Antonio Riverwalk is fantastic.

I own a lot to an emergency room nurse at the Abilene hospital.

But, since Gilley's burned down, there ain't no reason to think about living in a State you've got two choices. Wall to wall traffic. Or, wall to wall.... nothing but dust and sagebrush.

Come north. Stop in Kansas for a round of golf. Then venture on to Wisconsin for more golf. Of course, Texans talk about as messed up as the Wisconsinites do. :>)

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Not me really..
My commute is 10 minutes, don’t even have to take the freeway.
Once you get well north of Dallas proper the traffic is not to bad.
Easily a dozen courses to choose from from 15 minutes away to about 45 minutes
But, I do have a job where I’m off 3 or 4 days each week ... 12 hours compressed shift.
IT or code writers, finance people could probably work from home

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
If I moved to Kansas it would the small town where the amateur/ model rocket people launch from. Argonia I think.
And hunt me up some pheasant

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I was wearing the pullover I got for volunteering at the Web.com tournament last night at a bar and some guy thought I was actually on the tour. As if pros go around wearing PGA clothing, lol

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Sort of the same, but not quite as cool...

I happened to be wearing a red polo and black slacks at work one day...looking like Tiger on Championship Sunday although that wasn't my intention.

That day I decided I wanted a Mcdouble...so I headed to McDonalds down the street from my office and the drive through was 87 cars long so I went inside. Ordered my sandwich and the guy at the counter goes 'Do you want your discount'? I thought to myself why the hell would I get a discount? But then I looked around and realized that I was wearing the same color as all the employees...so he thought I worked there. My jacket was covering the collar on my shirt...

So obviously I said yes and got my 10% employee discount. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have ordered something fancy...instead of a dollar menu burger. lol

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Sort of the same, but not quite as cool...

I happened to be wearing a red polo and black slacks at work one day...looking like Tiger on Championship Sunday although that wasn't my intention.

That day I decided I wanted a Mcdouble...so I headed to McDonalds down the street from my office and the drive through was 87 cars long so I went inside. Ordered my sandwich and the guy at the counter goes 'Do you want your discount'? I thought to myself why the hell would I get a discount? But then I looked around and realized that I was wearing the same color as all the employees...so he thought I worked there. My jacket was covering the collar on my shirt...

So obviously I said yes and got my 10% employee discount. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have ordered something fancy...instead of a dollar menu burger. lol
That’s a major win of another kind right there! LOL good score!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.