• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Remember when Aaron Baddeley was doing commercials and it had a bunch of hotties calling him "Bads"? LOL I don't even remember what those commercials were for.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Remember when Aaron Baddeley was doing commercials and it had a bunch of hotties calling him "Bads"? LOL I don't even remember what those commercials were for.
I think they were for MacGregor. He had a third round lead in the US Open at Oakmont in 2007 and shot an 80 on Sunday. FYI….the guy who won that US Open is currently serving time in jail.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Random golf thought: was playing 9 holes with my friend and her son, and the kid (17 year old) was telling me about "good" golfers like this: "My friend Aiden is a really good golfer, he can hit it like over 300 yards..." He talked about some other "good" golfers and his qualifier was always how far they could hit it, never anything else. I blame that other golf site for this dumbass way of thinking what good golf is.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
It's all about length! Why do we have such jacked up iron lofts, today? So you can brag about hitting your 8 iron as long as you used to hit your 5 iron. I loved the old U.S. Open narrow fairways with rough that actually was penalizing. It's become a game of "bomb & gouge". Hit it 360 left or 400 right and the courses are set up so you can still get up and down. Should hear the cart kids working in our clubhouse talk. These kids couldn't break 90, but can hit it 300 yards... or so they say. It's all about length.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
It's all about length! Why do we have such jacked up iron lofts, today? So you can brag about hitting your 8 iron as long as you used to hit your 5 iron. I loved the old U.S. Open narrow fairways with rough that actually was penalizing. It's become a game of "bomb & gouge". Hit it 360 left or 400 right and the courses are set up so you can still get up and down. Should hear the cart kids working in our clubhouse talk. These kids couldn't break 90, but can hit it 300 yards... or so they say. It's all about length.
Having a frustratingly similar conversation/argument with my FIL of course. He’s 67 years old with two surgically repaired knees and one shoulder. But just won’t shake this belief that he hits an 8i over 150yds. Even tho I’ve proven it to him, with my launch monitor more than once now, that he does not!! He also seems to think the monitor recorded his swing speed at 90mph... it was in fact a 90 yard shot, with his 8i!!!!

As much as I love my in-laws, it really just reminds me, you cant fix stupid! If he doesn’t want to, or won’t listen. I can’t help!!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Proof that Glark is a grifter 🥸

glark.png

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Proof that Glark is a grifter 🥸

View attachment 32545
And all the time we thought he was hunting, fishing, bicycling, etc. Instead, he's been selling snake oil!!! If the FDA catches up with him, he'll be getting three 'squares' and a cot in a cell!!! Maybe he can trade his snake oil for some "gentlemanly affection" on those cold and lonely nights!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 😁 😁 😁

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Well legend speaks of far and wide of the insignificant one who still bore offspring. You're like the little engine that could.
Nice! Not sure how I missed this thread. Looks like Glark should be named "Little Buddy"

🔥 Latest posts