• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Random Thoughts Thread

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Don't want to keep on this but I'm pretty pumped for this kid...here he is with both of the balls he hit out in this weekends tournament(a two run, and a grand slam!). He also got intentionally walked in his net AB after his second home run...which I have never before seen in 10u baseball. His team finished first as well, so everyone did well.

CHWN1BW.jpg
Keep sharing...the accomplishments of my children always make me smile! 😁 Seriously, posts like these are always welcome...Congratulations to the young man!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wife took a bad fall Sunday night. Got up middle of the night to use the restroom. Saw her bathroom was almost out of tissue but knew we had more in our back bathroom. She trudged to the back bathroom in the dark and retrieved a new roll of tissue. As she left the bathroom, you almost immediately turn back into the kitchen from which she came. She went too far and, in the dark, stepped through the doorway to our downstairs. Said she made it halfway down before she stopped. Picked herself up. Said she had to hobble the rest of the way down to get the tissue she dropped as she fell.
She didn't yell or anything. I was getting ready to head out to the golf course and went in to give her the usual peck on the cheek. She was awake and began telling me of her fall. She said one pinky went sideways, but she snapped it back into place. It's still black & blue. Sprained/bruised ankle. Big rug burn/scrape on one calf. And... says her butt hurts. (My wife is quite petite. I made the mistake of telling her I hope her butt hurting didn't cause it to swell up any larger than it is! There is a threat that she better not catch me next to the stairs or I might get a shove down!!)
She's been taking it easy. The granddaughter who is an RN came by and said she shouldn't need medical care... just time to heal. She's a very lucky lady... and a tough lady!!!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
She trudged to the back bathroom in the dark
Sorry to hear about the fall!!!

Not sure how many jammed, stubbed and almost broken toes I had as a result of getting up at night.

About 15 years ago I bought Motion Sensor Night lights ($10-15 a piece) and set them up in the Master Bedroom, Bathroom and LR going towards the kitchen. They plug into a regular outlet. They automatically shut off after like 90 second with no motion, and are dim enough they won't wake up the other person. Then just positioned them to my liking.

I also have Hue Lights all throughout my house, and Sensors. But for nighttime,, the others are more effective and less obtrusive since they are lower to the ground.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Sorry to hear about the fall!!!

Not sure how many jammed, stubbed and almost broken toes I had as a result of getting up at night.

About 15 years ago I bought Motion Sensor Night lights ($10-15 a piece) and set them up in the Master Bedroom, Bathroom and LR going towards the kitchen. They plug into a regular outlet. They automatically shut off after like 90 second with no motion, and are dim enough they won't wake up the other person. Then just positioned them to my liking.

I also have Hue Lights all throughout my house, and Sensors. But for nighttime,, the others are more effective and less obtrusive since they are lower to the ground.
I just sleep through the night and get up when the sun makes enough light for me to see where I'm going.

You should try that.

:D

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Glad she's ok, limp
Tough lady. Has to be to have put up with me this long! Her ankle has turned from black & blue to green and now yellow. But, she doesn't even limp. Been chasing around with her girlfriends, visiting a friend how is hospitalized, etc. The first couple nights she took an oxycodone before bed, but now only takes an Aleve once or twice/day.
She never weighed over 100 lbs. until pregnant with our first. Since bearing 3 kids and adding 50 years, she's "expanded" a little. Last I heard, she was complaining about weighing 118. Dynamite comes in small packages!!!!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I'm sure Titleist, who was not affected, will raise their prices because why tf not

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Glad I have 30 some dozen pristine Titleists, Chrome Softs, etc. in egg cartons. All "found" balls. Even with the leaves falling from our course trees, already, I won't ever lose enough to buy more.

🔥 Latest posts