• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The real reasons why I played like a hacker yesterday

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
1- My partner bailed at the last minute; he left a message on the phone that since it had rained all week, it was going to be cart path only, and he didn't feel up to that. So naturally it was NOT cart path only.

2- I had to wait for the starter to put me with some other guys. They were OK, but not the friendliest group. After I played 18 with them, I played 9 more with 3 older guys. They were great.

3- Since it had rained all week, they had not cut the greens in several days. The were the shaggiest greens I have ever seen, the grass was at least 1/2" high. Naturally, just as we finished #17, they started cutting them, so when I started my extra 9, they were a different speed.

4- I had 3 beers on the first 9 holes, and since I don't drink much, I got a little drunk. I sobered up on the 2nd 9, and had a hangover on the 3rd. When they say golf is a lot like life, now I know what they mean.

5- I was wearing shorts for the first time this year. Since it was sunny & hot, that was a good idea. Not bringing any sunscreen and playing 27 was stupid. My legs look like a boiled lobster.

6- I had a lesson last week, was hitting balls at the range better than I ever have. Didn't practice the short game at all. Of course, I was in the woods all day, and I was making putts like a pro.

7- This game is really hard. Much harder than it looks on TV. Really, really hard.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
If I had this thread it would have said..
1.I'm a lousy golfer.

golfman2760

Aug 25, 2005
no excuses you played bad and have no one to blame but yourself

next time you will learn from your mistakes and do better

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
golfman2760 said:
no excuses you played bad and have no one to blame but yourself

next time you will learn from your mistakes and do better

Ha, Ha :) Then I will have lost the essence of hackerdom, the thrill of a banana slice, the agony of the four putt, and the joy of the lucky bounce off the trees.

We have met the hackers and they are us.

golfman2760

Aug 25, 2005
we are all entitled to one bad game once in a while

even the pro's play pathetic at times

even Tiger Woods said before that he was chipping like a spastic at one stage until he fixed himself

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
SiberianDVM said:
1- My partner bailed at the last minute; he left a message on the phone that since it had rained all week, it was going to be cart path only, and he didn't feel up to that. So naturally it was NOT cart path only.

2- I had to wait for the starter to put me with some other guys. They were OK, but not the friendliest group. After I played 18 with them, I played 9 more with 3 older guys. They were great.

3- Since it had rained all week, they had not cut the greens in several days. The were the shaggiest greens I have ever seen, the grass was at least 1/2" high. Naturally, just as we finished #17, they started cutting them, so when I started my extra 9, they were a different speed.

4- I had 3 beers on the first 9 holes, and since I don't drink much, I got a little drunk. I sobered up on the 2nd 9, and had a hangover on the 3rd. When they say golf is a lot like life, now I know what they mean.

5- I was wearing shorts for the first time this year. Since it was sunny & hot, that was a good idea. Not bringing any sunscreen and playing 27 was stupid. My legs look like a boiled lobster.

6- I had a lesson last week, was hitting balls at the range better than I ever have. Didn't practice the short game at all. Of course, I was in the woods all day, and I was making putts like a pro.

7- This game is really hard. Much harder than it looks on TV. Really, really hard.

Another 106 Doc?

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I'm a Sagitarius; our horoscope always sucks. :)

A Q-link looks too gay; I prefer gold chains a la John Daly.

Oh, I remembered another reason:

8- My underwear kept crawling up. Very diificult to make those 3 footers when you just want to go crack digging.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
SiberianDVM said:
8- My underwear kept crawling up. Very diificult to make those 3 footers when you just want to go crack digging.
Go "commando" and sink the putts. And if your well endowed and get a good hip turn the added weight can help the drive. Works for me :biglol:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
And if your well endowed and get a good hip turn the added weight can help the drive

Yeah, but does the weight cause a hook or a slice? :D

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
9. My shoelaces were untied. Naturally, I only noticed it after I tripped on the fringe of the 18th green...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.