• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The return of Tiger (Again!)

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
Whether it be a Tom Watson or a Freddy Couples, I believe Tiger has the ability to compete on the PGA Tour until he's "ancient"... if he remains healthy. Compete... not win majors and maybe squeak out a limited field event once a season. He's a "middle-of-the-pack" player who will run hot and cold. I saw him miss putts today that would have gone in during his glory days. His interview after the round included him saying, "My good shots ended up bad and my bad shots ended up worse." The Tiger of old had the recovery talent of Seve. This Tiger does not seem to. Again, he's talented and will compete. He will give the sports announcers something to fill space with. The first major tournament he plays in this coming year will have more hashing and rehasing of Tiger's victory(s) there than of the tournament that is being played. He'll sell advertising and re-energize much of his old fan base.

^^^probably this

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Rickie turns a 61 for his Sunday round! Nice work! TW ties for 9th. Since there were only two tied for 9th, we can say he finished in the top 10.

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1512341418.312679.jpg

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Rickie turns a 61 for his Sunday round! Nice work!

An awesome round by Fowler. It's especially impressive when the final round contender keeps the foot down and pulls away from the pack.

I know he's won the Players before but watching this performance was perhaps a milestone moment. Pulling away from a quality field shows his mental toughness is there to win a major. Yep, I'm calling it.

Compare that to the world #1 who had a woeful tournament with rounds of: 68 72 76 72. He may be the fizzle pick for 2018.

Last edited:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Ted Potter, Jr. leading the pack with a 6 under 66. Tiger?? Tied for 87th after the first round. I didn't watch more than about 5 minutes of this afternoon's telecast. Did see Tiger hit a drive that had the gallery dancing and ducking as it sailed through and past them.

🔥 Latest posts