• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The return of Tiger (Again!)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
This guy has had more returns to life than Lazarus!

Apparently, he's fit again, hitting the ball miles, having fun etc. I guess only time will tell. But I for one am glad to see him back, especially the having fun bit. I'd love to see him win again, only because I think he adds another dimension to the game.

I don't think anyone wants to see an unhappy, petulant Tiger throwing clubs and grabbing his back in pain, only for an ensuing walk-off. This, perhaps, is his final throw of the dice. It will take a few tournaments for him to get back to sharpness, so 2018 is going to be interesting. I just hope it doesn't become another circus, with 75% of coverage on Tiger picking his nose and spitting, while we miss out on the other guys playing quality golf.

Will the field be quaking in their boots? I highly doubt it. There are so many new young guns winning on tour. Everyone fancies their chances week in, week out. There is zero intimidation factor anymore.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States

Apparently, he's fit again, hitting the ball miles, having fun etc. I guess only time will tell. But I for one am glad to see him back, especially the having fun bit. I'd love to see him win again, only because I think he adds another dimension to the game.

I don't think anyone wants to see an unhappy, petulant Tiger throwing clubs and grabbing his back in pain, only for an ensuing walk-off. This, perhaps, is his final throw of the dice. It will take a few tournaments for him to get back to sharpness, so 2018 is going to be interesting. I just hope it doesn't become another circus, with 75% of coverage on Tiger picking his nose and spitting, while we miss out on the other guys playing quality golf.

Will the field be quaking in their boots? I highly doubt it. There are so many new young guns winning on tour. Everyone fancies their chances week in, week out. There is zero intimidation factor anymore.
This week's field is small, but strong. Tiger will have to play well. Hero World Challenge: Field

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

^^^this, all of this.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The story is out that he has perfected a swing that is easier on the back and that the ball travels about as far as a North Korean missile. One of the last times he came back... maybe two or three or four of the last times he came back... he didn't have a short game. Woods used to will the ball in the hole with his putter. His short irons and wedges were perfection personified. Since the early layoffs, I believe which began shortly after the "Shanksgiving" incident, he just has not had the killer instinct that drove him to so many Tour victories. Will he be "back"? He will never regain the prominence he once had. He may win again on Tour, but that probability will be determined from what we see from his short game and his course demeanor.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
The story is out that he has perfected a swing that is easier on the back and that the ball travels about as far as a North Korean missile. One of the last times he came back... maybe two or three or four of the last times he came back... he didn't have a short game. Woods used to will the ball in the hole with his putter. His short irons and wedges were perfection personified. Since the early layoffs, I believe which began shortly after the "Shanksgiving" incident, he just has not had the killer instinct that drove him to so many Tour victories. Will he be "back"? He will never regain the prominence he once had. He may win again on Tour, but that probability will be determined from what we see from his short game and his course demeanor.
I don't wish him ill, but.....

1279.gif

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I saw footage (from the practise round) of a tee shot of Justin Thomas and Tiger Woods. Apparently they were paired. Thomas's swing speed looks markedly more than TW's. He rotates at light speed.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Thomas's swing speed looks markedly more than TW's. He rotates at light speed.
The problem with that, and Tiger learned it the hard way, is that nobody can keep that kind of swing speed up for very many years. I mean, sure JT will win gobs of money and all that jazz for a while, but his spine is gonna give him a big F-U someday if he keeps that shit up. Humans weren't designed to coil like that repeatedly.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I saw footage (from the practise round) of a tee shot of Justin Thomas and Tiger Woods. Apparently they were paired. Thomas's swing speed looks markedly more than TW's. He rotates at light speed.
Well, he's built like a pipe cleaner so.....

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008

Move on already.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Tiggy sounds like he had some fun and is enjoying life right now. So one would imagine it's only a matter of time before he wins again. Will he win another major? Who knows, I for one would certainly not begrudge him it? Perhaps a wee Masters? At 41 he's on the clock so I doubt he will surpass Jack, but the fact I am even thinking that is a good thing for the game of golf. But please Mr. Golf Media, just let him go about it quietly. We don't want the game to turn into a Tiger Fest again, with hours of non-stop footage of him scratching his balls and picking his nose.

He is ranked 1,759 or so in the world right now. He has to earn our respect again!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Predicting a round in the mid 70’s for Tigger today. That seems to be his pattern over the last few years.

🔥 Latest posts