• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Rio Olympics (Golf) Discussion Thread

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
PapaD is out. I informed the Olympic Committee today. The news was met with regret, but understanding. When I discovered the impending pudding shortage in South America, I simply had no choice.
There's a lot of pudding in the water down there. It's all been digested at least once, but it's still pudding. Can be a little difficult to tell the pudding from other "floaters" in the water, though.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
It's interesting. Not a single withdrawal from a female golfer. And no other high profile athletes either. Only the male golfers. Hmmm, I smell a total meltdown. These Brazilian mosquitoes must be very picky!

Once Jordan makes his announcement I think men's golf and the Olympics is done. Very sad.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
It's interesting. Not a single withdrawal from a female golfer. And no other high profile athletes either. Only the male golfers. Hmmm, I smell a total meltdown. These Brazilian mosquitoes must be very picky!

Once Jordan makes his announcement I think men's golf and the Olympics is done. Very sad.
Lots of men's basketball players are out, I know from the US, not sure internationally. Also, you might have a higher risk of getting bit by a mosquito whilst playing golf than perhaps any of the other Olympic "sports"

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Lots of men's basketball players are out, I know from the US, not sure internationally. Also, you might have a higher risk of getting bit by a mosquito whilst playing golf than perhaps any of the other Olympic "sports"

Yea, I would think the swimmers would be safe except it appears the water may be contaminated.

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Interesting that Rory's ex has just announced that she's going to Rio.

13509149_10155824099612228_6606624633486934695_n.jpg

OP
TheTrueReview

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Sergio's going.

"I know there are some dangers but representing Spain, trying to make golf grow & becoming an Olympian are too important so I'll be at The Olympics."

🔥 Latest posts

Members online