• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The smell of fresh cut grass and the glistening of morning dew...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
3 1/2 weeks after full knee replacement, I went out to the course to putt on Friday. Spent a good hour on the putting clock. (Not using cane or any assistive device.) So...

Saturday and today, rode 9 holes with the "guys". Yesterday, tossed a ball onto the greens and putted out. Nothing worse than a 2-putt. Shoot, that's an 18 on the front!!!!! Course record!!!!

Today, on about 4 of the greens, I dropped a ball between the cart and the green and chipped onto the green. Chipped close enough for 3 one-putts.

Sure feels good to get out and smell the fresh cut grass, again. Cannot believe the quick recovery and the lack of pain since surgery. Hopefully, another couple of weeks and they'll let me begin some limited full swings. In the meantime, if I can hone the putting and chipping I should be "deadly" once back to the full game.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Sounds like you're really coming along fine. Hope things continue to improve for you. After full recovery, are we still gonna be calling you "Limpalong" or are you considering a new nickname?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Yep, sounds like you are coming along nicely. Just don't overdo anything, would really suck to screw it up right now.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Sounds like you're really coming along fine. Hope things continue to improve for you. After full recovery, are we still gonna be calling you "Limpalong" or are you considering a new nickname?

Thinking about trying out for "Dancing with the Stars". If I make it, maybe I'll change to "dancealong". That had a good, masculine ring to it!!:D:D

Got pretty good with a walker, the first 10 days. All prepped for when they stick me in the nursing home. Should be able to outrun the really old guys and hook up with some of those 90 year old honeys!! I might be tagged with a new nickname, once I become the sought after by the ladies. You know, something like "trotalong"... considering my stallion likeness. Woops!! Any nickname with "trot" in it isn't a good idea for a nursing home!!!

In actuality, I ingrained some really bad habits over the past decade or so. Having significant pain in the knee, I flexed it less each year. So, it will take quite a few months to "retrain" myself as to how to walk properly. That, for the short term, will probably keep me mobilizing with something resembling a limp.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Are you done with the therapy? Sounds like you'll be better then ever next summer. :)

Nah! 3 more weeks of scheduled PT. Then, have equipment set up in the basement with the intent of continuing at home. Need to lengthen tendons that have shrunk over the past 10 to 20 years.

I do hope to be back on the course... stronger than ever. Got to where it was difficult to keep focused on the game with the pain. I have about 3 or 4 folks who need a good ol' fashioned butt kickin' on the course. Still want to have the opportunity to get towards Wisconsin and make you one of those!!!!!!!!!:wow::wow::wow:
Heading up to Minnesota this week. Wife has relatives west of the Twin Cities. Promised her we would run up there during my recuperation. So, driving up Thursday. Staying Friday and Saturday. Driving back on Sunday. First time I can ever remember going north and not having the clubs in the car. Won't be much to do besides toss a few horseshoes.

SolderJockey

Oct 31, 2007
. In the meantime, if I can hone the putting and chipping I should be "deadly" once back to the full game.

About 10 years ago I had a bad rotator cuff problem which had eventually cleared up to about 95%. During the 1st year all I really could do was putt and chip, but I was out there for several hours at a time doing only that.
Needless to say, it really helped. I ended up losing distance due to the
shoulder on full swings, but I can get up and down pretty well.

🔥 Latest posts