• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The tip i saw today on the golf channel...

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
i was watching the golf channel today after a horrible range session , and then hear arnold palmer talk about how the 2 V 's made by your thumb and pointer finger need to point to your right shoulder.

then i remembered reading ben hogan's book 3 years ago, and trying to use that grip, while failing. i also remembered my first instructor telling me to do that, but it felt weird so i didnt.

i went out in the lawn gripping my SW, and it felt natural and comfortable. so i rushed back to the range to hit another bucket.

well, my nasty hook(once a season id have days when i avg like 300)
turned into this amazing 290-300 piped down the middle, consistantly.

bless you arnie!!

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
thats weird sounds like you used a stronger grip in your second range session that usually encouages a hook but it took away your hook.

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
i dont know why, but i was crushing it today.. i guess only time will tell...

im just glad something worked, because i used to drive the ball really far, until just a year ago.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I actually write these things down when I come back from a good session. That way I know what I felt I did differently that was "right". I hit one of the best drives out of the last 1000 today and know I got a nice turn, shift and let it drop in, hip trigger. Got to 5yds. behind the 150 on a 445. It's that 1piece, smooth, deliberate takeaway that gets me in tempo, allows for a good extension and max acceleration all the way through impact. A 2yd. draw... unheard of for me. Good luck man, hope you can keep it going.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online