• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The 'tour van' phenomenon

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
all of my clubs were off of a van!!!it was brown and had UPS on the side.My balls on the otherhand usually arive in a white VAN with Fed EX on the side

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
"you should upgrade your driver every year for best performance"

Ez must have misread that and thought it said every week.

Don't tell him that, he may have to buy another club to make himself feel better. :biglol:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I am buying a new club... or clubs.. I am debating whether to get my new bag and an R7425 or to just do a tiny bit more hoing and get the Superquad...

I just picked up a mint, mint tour-issue Vsteel 13* head with the paint break. It looks really nice. I'm not as nuts about the "tour issue" stuff but I'm glad other's are... I picked up that 200steel tour, actually was a "tour ridgy" they call it, with a VS-Proto 80-x for $59.99. I sold it the other day for $140. That was more than a tour van club though. It was out of Sheehan's bag. He was the only owner and I'll say that head had struck it's share of balls. Surprisingly not one skymark though...
icon10.gif

These guys are good.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
But don't email daft questions he says,maybe thats because its from genuine famous tour pros? plonker

Yeah buddy, this is my favorite line as well. Are you kidding me? What does the gold writing on the grip say anyway?

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I use Tour issue equipment, mainly because a good friend of mine from college works in the tour department at Taylor Made, the only difference that I note is in the clubs that were never brought to retail. I play a Miura forged set of the TP 05 irons, the feel is much softer and the weight of the raw heads is heavier. My 3 wood is a TP steel version that again was never released to the public, I like the smaller head size and open face on it. I have not noticed any difference in the wedges from the tour issue midfied groove TP wedges versus the retail TP wedges that I got through my staff agreement. There will always be people who feel that something made/designed for tour players will help them, or they just want the ability to say that they have tour issued equipment.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I am agreeing with that post, just saying that there are tour issue items that don't ever make it to retail and that is the reason that I play "Tour Issue" equipment. I know Sean Toulon, he is more honest than certain web site owners would like him to be...

Wasn't sure which thread to post my first response under.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I am agreeing with that post, just saying that there are tour issue items that don't ever make it to retail and that is the reason that I play "Tour Issue" equipment. I know Sean Toulon, he is more honest than certain web site owners would like him to be...

Wasn't sure which thread to post my first response under.

Roger that, Tmag. I wasn't stuffing this down your throat, I was just curious if you had seen it or not.:)

Cheers,

R35

PS>..."certain web site owners"....that's gold. :D

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
Roger that, Tmag. I wasn't stuffing this down your throat, I was just curious if you had seen it or not.:)

Cheers,

R35

PS>..."certain web site owners"....that's gold. :D

That was a great thread, really enjoyed reading what Sean said. I imagine the other site is trying to sweep that under the rug big time.

Didn't think you were trying to throw that one on me, it has been a while since I posted on this site.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That was a great thread, really enjoyed reading what Sean said. I imagine the other site is trying to sweep that under the rug big time.

Sweep what? ;)

They and the lemmings are still in hot melt and tour serial denial.

Idiots.

R35

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
T,

The R7 Draw is a proprietary head made for TOUR issue only.

$1500 with an Ozik, but the phone fitting is free...:D

R35

I thought that was the r7 Fade that was Tour Issue

🔥 Latest posts