• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The tourney site is up...

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
It is here...

Anyone who has sent me their info should be set up. Please feel free to go in and monkey around with it. Enter in dummy rounds, etc... See how it works. Let me know any glitches you may find.

Be gentle on me. I kind of threw it together in a hurry during some meager free time. I have put in cursory error handling and validation, but it is probably far from bullet-proof. The site works as follows.

Once you successfully log in, you are taken to the round entry page, which will greet you and inform you of your current stats. You MUST fill in Course name, Course index (this should be on your score card, probably a # in the low 70s, with 72 being the average difficulty course), and your round score. Index and score must be numeric. Validation will argue with you if not. Remember that the score will be an accumulation of stableford points, NOT a stroke-play score. Once you submit this data, the site will adjust your literal score to the course index, save the round, compute your new quota and save the new quota to your profile.

Also note that while on the round entry page, you can click on the link at left to view your round history. Team standings will also be here soon.

That's about what I have. Play with it. I'll delete the dummy info before the tourney starts.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Cool.

What were the stableford scoring numbers that were decided on again? Just for clarification....

Looks good, Crowe. :canadafla

R35

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
how do we delte stuff if we made an error
also i would be nice to have a list of our courses we play saved somehow
that way we can just pick the course and enter our round. I noticed it did not specify what team i was on either. just a few things i saw looks promising though keep it up.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Mahal, you're obviously on the best team out there.

:ukflag: :canadafla :australia

Booooo :usflag:

R35

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I think that was still up for debate. To keep less than bogie golfers out of negative numbers, I personally think something like:

Eagle 4 points
Birdie 3 points
Par 2 points
Bogie 1 point
Triple -1
Over triple -2

Just an idea. That isn't programmed into the site, so it isn't up to me. ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I like that system. It keeps it fair.

What about an ace on a par 4 or a deuce on a par 5?

It could happen... ;)

R35

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
MAHALLEDAY said:
how do we delte stuff if we made an error
also i would be nice to have a list of our courses we play saved somehow
that way we can just pick the course and enter our round. I noticed it did not specify what team i was on either. just a few things i saw looks promising though keep it up.
I just logged on as you, M and it is showing what team you are on. From your profile:

Hello mahalleday. Your quota is currently 0, and you are on the ROTW team. You may enter a new round below.

Since I'm squeezing this in between a pretty hectic schedule, there are lots of bells and such that I'd like to put in, but time dictates anything more than the basic functionality. If anyone makes a mistake, just let me know and I'll fix it.

Thanks.

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
rockford35 said:
I like that system. It keeps it fair.

What about an ace on a par 4 or a deuce on a par 5?

It could happen... ;)

R35
I have taken this into consideration. If this happens, you are automatically switched to the US team.

Also, before I forget. To keep it interesting, I put in a mandiatory 3 point minimum quota. Hope that's alright...

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
The site is nice! I almost inputed my real stroke score. Need to remember that this is stableford....

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I think I just figured out what's going on mahal. You need to log in as your user name, not your email address. So for you, it would be mahalleday. Sorry for the confusion.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Loop said:
The site is nice! I almost inputed my real stroke score. Need to remember that this is stableford....

What, you don't score 77 in this format, Loop?

;)

R35

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I've looked at the rounds so far, and TROW team is tearing it up. I think we'll have to put Tiger and Phil together in match play...

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I was just doing some ftp up to it. There was some down time. Try it now?

Members online

No members online now.