• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The truth is out there!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I played Saturday and sucked it up big time. I couldn't get the ball anywhere near the middle of the clubface. Really poor and isn't it funny how the rest of the game decides to collapse as well?

And I now have this obsession about getting "my junk" though the ball. That picture I posted of Jesper at impact keeps me awake at night. I tell my wife it's stuff at work, she probably thinks it's another woman, but we all know, right?

So anyway I stopped off at the range last night on the way home from work. I have a 1 hour and 15 minutes commute, so I have plenty of time to think behind the wheel. I had a good image in my head of what I wanted to try.

It was a nice autumn evening with no breeze. I took 12 balls and my trusty 6 iron. I had a good warm up and then hit them down the range and then hit them back. What a difference a day makes! The dozen back were for the most part pured. About 165-170 yards all grouped within 5 yards of eachother. I had 1 or 2 very slight pulls and pushes but I had 6 or so straight down the pipe, with tons of height, nice divot pattern etc. I can't remember a group of shots as tight as that, EVER! There were 5 balls all within 4 feet of eachother!! 25 minutes of work and I left the range a happy, happy dude.

My swing thoughts? Take my hands back high, swing my junk though the ball fast and keep my left leg solid at impact!

What the hell? The truth is out there....

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
lol.
Your Jesper once said that one day you think you've figured it all out, and the next day, you've totally lost it.
Watching X-files lately? :)

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
*yawn* .... yeah yeah Irish ... whatever .... after the tanning you gave Kilted and myself sympathy is in short supply . ;)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
My swing thoughts? Take my hands back high, swing my junk though the ball fast and keep my left leg solid at impact!

I have played this game for 40 years and it amazes me about the sheer number of different swingthought possibilties that exist out there. It is an infinite as the universe...

I am playing so badly I am going to try this...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.