• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The ugliest nine holes ever.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Played the front nine of California Golf Course in Cincinnati subbing for another guy in a weekly league. It was about a hundred degrees outside, with the heat index somewhere up in the millions.

And it was probably the sloppiest nine holes I've ever played. First hole's a simple enough par 4, about 370 yards. Slice my tee shot over into the next fairway. Second shot's a 52* over a tree from about 100 yards away, lands ten feet from the hole, three putt the frickin' thing.

Second hole's a line drive about 30 degrees to the right, nails a pine tree head on, comes back, winds up near the ladies' tees. Wound up with dogballs there.

Third hole, I hit a dribber that winds up short of the ladies' tees. It's 307 from there, I crush a 3 wood to within fifteen feet of the green, and nobody in the foursome believed it. A bad chip and three putts later...

That set the tone for the day - dribble the drive, crush a 3 wood 250+, iron close, 2-chip or 3-putt. I think I was short of the lady's tees four times in nine holes.

Somehow had a 46, but that's because it's nearly impossible to lose a ball on the front nine.

Can everything - driving, irons, chipping, and putting - all work at once - for once?

OP
lamebums

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
That's hilarious! I've never heard that before...I'm assuming that means that you carded an 8?

The funny part about it all is that despite scoring a 46, I still beat the guy I was playing against (who scored 43) because it was match play. He was, to his credit, a LOT more consistent than I'll ever be.

EDIT: I suppose I could answer your question - yeah, I carded a big fat ugly 8 there. Par'd the next hole, of course.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online