• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Ultimate 2007 'Ho Challenge

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Here's how things lie, as of today.

btw this is not all down to my (sometimes cloudy) judgement. LilHuth and McDavis are on the judging panel. PMs to follow guys.

Not validated? WTF!

In all honesty, I could get Bob a bag with all the extra crap I have lying around and charge him shipping.

Put me down for $40 total - Fedex!:laugh:

R35

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
is it too late to alter our picks ? hope not because i just made some adjustments.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK, I have weighed this up and after much thought I have come to my decision, thanks to Lil Huth for his input and help.

This will come as no surprise as he has found some outstanding value over the years…

Ezra – You are King of the Hos

Part of my motivation for doing this was to find what value out there. It seems ridiculous that you can get an entire set for $350, but collectively this group has shown that it is entirely possible, not just to get a set, but to get a set of excellent value and brand.

So let’s remind ourselves what Ez found.

• 1,3,5 wood for $113
  • 3-9 Mizuno forged irons for $41 ffs!!
  • 3 Cleveland wedges for just over $100
  • And the cream on the cake? An outstanding Scotty Cameron for $81
He spent only $339 and found some outstanding value for money and highest quality equipment. He scored 59 points (including the bonus 10 for ultimate Ho.)

Mr. Bob Shottalk would be well chuffed with this set and I think more importantly he would benefit from playing this set.

MG, Irish, FAK19, Goatster and Lilhellmaker17’s entries all had their merits. MG, I think the fact that you bought everything in the UK made it all the harder a task for you. Some outstanding choices and I like the way you were thinking but ultimately there can be only one winner.

Ez, I have something special I think for you. PM sent.

Thanks all for playing!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Thanks IG, I appreciate it. I may be a semi-hack out there on the course but about scratch when it comes to clubhoing.
icon10.gif

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
But mine was the first submitted!! :D :D I'm not even mentioned!!! :(

Good job Ez!! We all knew it would be you, R35 or MG I think.... :)

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i bow to the king.nice job ezra.
i am just giddy i was even mentioned with such hoing talent.:laugh: as i am only a lite ho of 3-5 clubs a yr on avg.looks like i might have a future as a ho after all.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Congrats, EZRA!!!! You friggin' ho, you!!

IG and Lil Huth, sorry for not getting back to you. We went out of town for Thanksgiving and I'm just now getting back into my emails and ST stuff.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
MG, you let me down. I had you going off as the 2:1 favorite over Ez at 3:1. I have got to work on my lines for the next contest. :laugh:

Congrats Ez :thumbs up:

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Manc is an easy winner, he has 5 gamer drivers, Ez is a jnr in comparison

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
This was a Fantasy Ho Competition. Ez won based on the rules / criteria.

His prize? After much to'ing & fro'ing he has chosen a ....

Sonartec SS-02 14 degree with a Fuji Pro Vista shaft - a real gamer of a fairway wood which deserves someoine else's love 7 attention. Well done Dude, hit 'er well.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.