• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Venting Thread

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
Living in the house during a remodel is a pain in the god damn ass.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
That it seems no one can any longer carry on a conversation without having it laced with four-letter words.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
We need a federal law...

On the 4th of July - all local/municipal/etc fireworks ordinances/laws are null and void. However, if you injure another person OR cause property damage with fireworks, it's an immediate felony with guaranteed 1 year jail time. Anyone that call 911 for someone shooting off fireworks if there is no injury or property damage is also jailed for 1 year.

Complete waste of time. Small town cops running around to every single back yard telling them to stop doing fireworks.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
We need a federal law...

On the 4th of July - all local/municipal/etc fireworks ordinances/laws are null and void. However, if you injure another person OR cause property damage with fireworks, it's an immediate felony with guaranteed 1 year jail time. Anyone that call 911 for someone shooting off fireworks if there is no injury or property damage is also jailed for 1 year.

Complete waste of time. Small town cops running around to every single back yard telling them to stop doing fireworks.

The Purge 5.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
We need a federal law...

The past few years we head up to a parking lot just above one of the fire stations. Can see for miles and get an excellent view of all the area fireworks. We were sitting there in our lawn chairs when we saw a firetruck pull out of the station. Siren on, he headed south. Pretty soon, we heard another engine... and another... from different stations. Behind us we see flames leaping in the air and heavy smoke. Looks like a prairie fire. Takes them about 20 minutes to get it out. Drove by there today and it was in the backyard area of some million dollar homes. Saw a lady in her driveway and asked if she had and "exciting" evening. She said her next door neighbor decided to go out on the dry grassland just behind their homes and shoot off fireworks. A small fire got started and immediately moved into his entire box of fireworks... setting them off in all directions. They were lucky.
I assume he will get a healthy bill from the fire department. Still, we have had zero rain. Lawns and grassland is just dry tinder. ALL fireworks should have been banned this year. They weren't.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If a meeting time is set, show up at that time... or a little before. ALL other members of the group can. Why can't you? Your choice to be 10 to 15 minutes late and make an entrance bragging about how your importance has contributed to your tardiness doesn't impress anyone!

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Hot as **** today. I'm sweating like Paris Hilton in a spelling bee.

hot-dog-funny-dog-laying-on-ice.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The love of my life has ridden thousands of miles as we've traveled various and sundry places over the past 50+ years. I usually drive since I've learned the "blonde directional system" is a little sideways. Don't mind that because I've always enjoyed driving. After 50+ years, though, she still has difficulty understanding that the driver needs to be able to see the road, the mirrors, and have access to pedals and steering wheel. There are times the passenger sun visor blocks views of side streets and other traffic hazards. Yet, it's more important to keep the sun out of one's eyes than have the driver able to see. Today, we needed to take the truck on a couple of errands. I had a gallon can of concrete repair mix sitting on the passenger floor board. The passenger floor area in a full size truck has quite a bit of room. Still, she puts the gallon can up on the "hump". The first right hand turn and it slides off underneath my feet. She couldn't understand why I insisted she keep it on her side or let me stop and put in the bed of the truck.

I still love her!!!!!:D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online